|The Zee Horror Show/Anhonee|
|Created by||Ramsay Brothers Limited|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of episodes||375|
|Producer(s)||Shyam Ramsay & Tulsi Ramsay|
|Running time||approx. 22 minutes|
|Original channel||Zee TV|
|Original release||1993 – 1997|
Zee Horror Show is a TV series presented by Ramsay Brothers on Zee TV in the period 1993-2000 . Ramsay Brothers were famous in Bollywood for churning out low budget horror films in the 70s and 80s. In 1993, they turned their interest towards Indian Television. Zee Horror Show was a very popular program in the 90s. It featured short stories in the form of 4 to 5 episodes, each one based on suspense and horror. The first episode was titled "Dastak" which was telecast in 1993 & featured Pankaj Dheer, Shagufta ali and Archana Puran Singh in the lead.
One of the episodes, "Jeevan Mrityu", based on dowry system (featuring Pallavi Joshi) gained so much popularity that it was re-telecast on popular public demand. Another episode called "Raat" with Javed Khan (actor) as the lead, is till date remembered for its performances. Its story was adapted from the Hollywood classic 'Dr.jekyll and Mr. hyde'. One other episode called "chehre pe chehra" again with Javed Khan (actor) as the lead on popular demand was telecasted many times over on Zee Cafe. Some other episodes were also inspired (or remade) from cult Hollywood films like Tehkhana from Evil Dead,Dehshat from Fright Night & Gudiya from Child's Play.
Some of the episodes that gained popularity were:
- "Raat"- Javed Khan (actor), Sripradha
- "Raaz"- Javed Khan (actor), Prajakta Kulkarni, Rajendra Gupta, Arun Bali
- "Chehre pe Chehra"- Javed Khan (actor), Prithvi, Amita Nangia
- "Anhonee"- Javed Khan (actor), Poonam DasGupta, Nishigandha Wad
- "Shraap"(anhonee) - Javed Khan (actor), Sheela Sharma, Rajesh Vivek
- "Siskiyaan"- Rishabh Shukla, Channa Ruparel
- "Gehrayee"- Harsha Mehra, Siraj Mustafa Khan, Shiva
- "Dehshat"- Siraj Mustafa Khan, Resham Tipnis, Raju Shrestha
- "Jeevan Mrityu"- Pallavi Joshi, Tina Ghai, Mayur
- "Gudiya"- Neelam Mehra, Sudhir, Baby Sana, Mahavir Shah ,Prabha Sinha
- "Taveez "- Vijay Arora, Prabha Sinha, Anirudh Agarwal, Bharat Kapoor
- "Dastak"- Pankaj Dheer, Archana Puran Singh, Shagufta Ali
- "Saaya"- Balbinder Dhami, Surendra Pal, Prabha Sinha, Gajendra Chauhan
- "Chandalika"- Ajinkya Deo, Dimple Shah
The show was retitled Anhonee from 1996-2000.
Zee Horror Show's popularity is proved by the various communities created in its memory on social networking communities like Facebook & Orkut by its fans.