|This article does not cite any references or sources. (August 2014)|
|Երեվանի Պետական Բժշկական Համալսարան|
|Rector||Mikayel Z. Narimanyan|
YSMU was founded in 1920. The highest administrative organ is the University Council, which convenes at least twice a year. The Council makes decisions about the main activities of the University. The Rectorate of the University controls the way the decisions are realized during the intervals between the University Council sessions. The hospitals, clinics and centers are involved in the University Council of Clinics. The Rector of YSMU carries out the direct control of the University Council, the Rectorate and the Board of Clinics.
Ranking & Reputation
Yerevan State Medical University (YSMU) is a highly reputed University in the world, which occupies its honorable place in WHO (World Health Organization) directory of medical schools. This is state run Nonprofit organisation of best repute made for advancement of best healthcare facility and training in country and worldwide. This university is famous all over the world. The alumni are spread all over world including USA,Britain,Germany,Maldives, Malaysia,Singapore,Australia,Canada,India,Iran etc. It is a leading government medical University in Armenia.This university is about a century old. This is the only university in world which has 27 full fledged hospitals associated with it. Different faculty have full-fledged 5-6 floor hospital. Arabkir and Muratsan Hospitals are multi speciality Pediatric Hospitals with various superspecialities like pediatric Cardiology, Pediatric Nephrology, Pediatric Endocrinology, Pediatric Gynecology, Pediatric Neurology, Genetic centr, Neonatology, Adolescent care center. First Hospital for state of art Radiology centre. Norqmash Hospital and Erubuni for Orthopedics and Traumatology.
In 2013, the Yerevan State Medical University is ranked 27 in the world by 4icu World University ranking. YSMU established direct partnership in the form of cooperation agreements with about 20 universities around the globe, including a number of leading universities such as Boston University, Columbia University, Philadelphia University, etc. In the framework of these cooperation agreements, various academic programs, student exchange and joint research activities are implemented.
Co-organized scientific meetings
- 4th Young Medics International Conference, September 20–23, Yerevan
- OMI/FARFAA Satellite Symposium "CARDIOLOGY", June 23–24, 2006, Yerevan
- Ivan Gevorkian - Prominent Armenian surgeon and scientist
- Vahan Artsruni - Armenian rock musician, singer, composer and artist
- Bella Kocharyan - Wife of former Armenian President Robert Kocharyan
- Garik Martirosyan - Neurologist, entertainer, TV host, actor, comedian and singer
- Parounak Zelveian - President of Armenian Medical Association
- Zhora Harutyunyan - Writer and playwright
- Bharath Reddy - Indian Cardiologist and Film actor
- Yerevan State Medical University, Armenia
- Yerevan State Medical University (YSMU)
- Armenian Medical Students' Parliament
This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia. A portion of the proceeds from advertising on Digplanet goes to supporting Wikipedia.