Xandru Fernández (born 1970 in Turón, Asturias, Spain) is an Asturian language writer. He is one of the most prolific authors of the second generation of the Surdimientu. His work currently includes seven novels, four books of poetry and two novelas, in addition to translations of works by Franz Kafka, Thomas Mann and Friedrich Nietzsche.
Fernández is also known as a musical lyricist, associated with the Asturian rock group Dixebra.
He has won, among other awards, the Xosefa de Xovellanos prize for narratives in 1994 and 1999. He has promoted various cultural initiatives and he was a member of the editorial staff of the essay magazine Tiempu de Nós.
- El silenciu en fuga (1990)
- Tráficu de cuerpos (1990)
- El club de los inocentes (1994)
- El suañu de los pornos de sable (1999)
- Los homes de bronce (2001)
- Les ruines (2005)
- El nuesu mar de las vaginas (2005)
- La banda sonora del paraísu (2006)
Books of poetry
- Xandru Fernández at Araz Asturian Writers Database (accessed 21/9/06) (in Asturian language)
- Xandru Fernández biography at Lliteratu.com (accessed 21/9/06) (in Asturian language)
|This article related to Asturias, Spain is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|