||This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page.
Wilson House is a complex of Imperial College Halls of Residence. It is located at 38-76 Sussex Gardens, near to Edgware Road and Paddington tube stations. Beside the 20 houses facing Sussex Gardens, the Wilson House complex also includes two houses at 32-34 Southwick Street, a Sports Centre located at the back of Wilson House, and is currently home to the Fashion and Textile Museum.
Wilson House was first opened in December 1954 and it was the first student hostel of St Mary's Hospital Medical School. When St Mary's Hospital Medical School became part of Imperial College London in 1988, Wilson House became the second largest undergraduate hall of residence of Imperial College London. The two houses on Southwick Street, also called Edgar Lawley attachment, were added just before Wilson House became part of Imperial College London.
Wilson House is named after Charles Wilson, 1st Baron Moran, who was the Dean of St Mary's Hospital Medical School between 1920 and 1945 but became famous for being Sir Winston Churchill's personal physician, and also as the great-uncle of American film actor Owen Wilson. The attachment on Southwick Street was donated by the Edgar E Lawley Foundation, founded in 1961 by Edgar E Lawley (1889–1977) who was also the chairman of St Mary's Hospital Medical School.
Wilson House can host 2700 students. During the 2012-13 academic year it is not occupied, due to refurbishment.
-  Imperial College, Accommodations, Wilson House accessed 25 February 2013
|This article about a London building or structure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|