|Willingboro Township Public Schools|
|Superintendent:||Dr. Ronald G. Taylor|
|Business Administrator:||Kelvin Smith|
|Address:||440 Beverly-Rancocas Road
Willingboro, NJ 08046
|Enrollment:||4,490 (as of 2008-09)|
|Faculty (in FTEs):||374.2|
|District Factor Group:||DE|
| %± vs.
|10||Operations & Maintenance||1,823||78||1,674||8.9%|
|16||Median Teacher Salary||54,221||29||57,597|
|Data from NJDoE 2009 Taxpayers' Guide to Education Spending.
*Of pre-K-12 districts with 3,501+ students. Lowest spending=1; Highest=105
The Willingboro Township Public Schools is a comprehensive community public school district that serves students in Pre-kindergarten through twelfth grade from Willingboro Township, in Burlington County, New Jersey, United States.
The district is classified by the New Jersey Department of Education as being in District Factor Group "DE", the fifth highest of eight groupings. District Factor Groups organize districts statewide to allow comparison by common socioeconomic characteristics of the local districts. From lowest socioeconomic status to highest, the categories are A, B, CD, DE, FG, GH, I and J.
Awards and recognition
For the 2005-06 school year, Garfield East Elementary School was one of 22 schools statewide selected as Governor's School of Excellence Winners, an award given to schools that have demonstrated significant academic improvement over the previous two academic years.
Elementary Schools (PreK-5)
- Garfield East Elementary School (436 students)
- Hawthorne Elementary School (460)
- J.C. Stuart Elementary School (453)
- Twin Hills Elementary School (371)
- W.R. James Sr. Elementary School (383)
Middle School (6-8)
- Memorial Middle School (700)
High School (9-12)
- Willingboro High School (968)
The S.W. Bookbinder (356 students), J.A. McGinley (383) and Martin Luther King Jr. (295) Elementary Schools were closed at the end of the 2005-06 school year as part of an effort to save about $3.7 million, through the reduction of 70 staff members and class sizes increased to as many as 28 at the five remaining elementary schools. The cuts were needed to fill a two-year budget deficit of nearly $10 million.
Core members of the district's administration are:
- District information for the Willingboro Township School District, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed March 25, 2011.
- Taxpayers' Guide to Education Spending April 2013, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed April 15, 2013.
- NJ Department of Education District Factor Groups (DFG) for School Districts, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed October 27, 2009.
- Snapshots of 2005 Governor’s School of Excellence Winners, accessed July 25, 2006
- Data for the Willingboro Township Public Schools, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed March 25, 201138.
- McGinley, S.W. Bookbinder and Martin Luther King Jr. elementary schools will close, Burlington County Times, March 28, 2006
- Burlington County School Directory, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed November 5, 2009.
- Superintendent, Willingboro Township Public Schools. Accessed March 25, 2011.
- Business Office, Willingboro Township Public Schools. Accessed March 25, 2011.
- Willingboro Township Public Schools
- Willingboro Township Public Schools's 2012–13 School Report Card from the New Jersey Department of Education
- Data for the Willingboro Township Public Schools, National Center for Education Statistics
This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia. A portion of the proceeds from advertising on Digplanet goes to supporting Wikipedia.