|Welcome to the Jungle|
|Directed by||Rob Meltzer|
|Produced by||Robert Bevan
|Written by||Jeff Kauffman
|Starring||J.C. Van Damme
|Music by||Karl Preusser|
|Edited by||Harry Yoon|
Welcome to the Jungle is a 2013 comedy film directed by Rob Meltzer. It stars Jean-Claude Van Damme (who makes a foray into comedy), Adam Brody, Rob Huebel, Kristen Schaal, Megan Boone, and Dennis Haysbert. The film premiered at the 2013 Newport Beach Film Festival. The film was released in theatres and for video-on-demand on February 7, 2014. It will be released directly to DVD and Blu-ray in United Kingdom on May 5, 2014.
Chris (Adam Brody) is a workplace weakling who doesn't have the courage to stand up to the slick office bully, Phil (Rob Huebel), who steals all his ideas, and he has yet to muster the courage to ask out cute HR manager, Lisa (Megan Boone). Even Chris' only friend, Jared (Eric Edelstein), a sarcastic slacker IT guy who secretly monitors everyone's porn intake, slams Chris for being a sissy.
But when a team-building "wilderness seminar" goes horribly wrong, and unhinged ex-marine teambuilding coach Storm Rothchild (Jean-Claude Van Damme) gets mauled by a tiger, Chris and his co-workers find themselves stranded on a deserted tropical island with no rescue in sight – and someone's going to have to step up and take charge. Phil quickly proclaims himself "God" of the island – but Chris has Boy Scout skills and would be far better suited to lead the group if he could overcome his fear – of everything. Can Chris finally start acting like a man and face Phil, release his inner-beast, get them rescued and get the girl? Or will Phil triumph, as usual, while Chris cowers like an effeminate weakling?
- Jean-Claude Van Damme as Storm Rothchild
- Adam Brody as Chris
- Rob Huebel as Phil
- Kristen Schaal as Brenda
- Kristopher Van Varenberg as Brett
- Bianca Bree as Ashley
- Dennis Haysbert: Mr. Crawford
- Megan Boone as Lisa
- Eric Edelstein as Jared
- Robert Peters as Dale
- Aaron Takahashi as Troy
- Brian Tester as Senior Naval Officer
- Stephanie Lopez as Stephanie
- Mark Sherman as Sailor Bob
- Michael J. Morris as Michael
- Zev Glassenberg as Luther The Intern
The Movie received mixed to negative reviews. Welcome to the Jungle currently holds a 25% rating and average rating 4.3/10 on Rotten Tomatoes based on 8 reviews with 2 fresh reviews and 6 rotten.
- "Van Damme Gets Silly In Two Clips From WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE | Twitch". Twitchfilm.com. 2012-10-28. Retrieved 2014-02-10.
- "Welcome to the Jungle [DVD]: Amazon.co.uk: Megan Boone, Jean-Claude Van Damme, Kristen Schaal, Adam Brody: Film & TV". Amazon.co.uk. 2009-09-09. Retrieved 2014-02-10.
- "Welcome to the Jungle [Blu-ray] [Region Free]: Amazon.co.uk: Megan Boone, Jean-Claude Van Damme, Kristen Schaal, Adam Brody: Film & TV". Amazon.co.uk. 2009-09-09. Retrieved 2014-02-10.
|This film article about a 2010s comedy is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia. A portion of the proceeds from advertising on Digplanet goes to supporting Wikipedia.