|Château de Wamin|
|Elevation||35–118 m (115–387 ft)
(avg. 39 m or 128 ft)
|Land area1||6.06 km2 (2.34 sq mi)|
|- Density||43 /km2 (110 /sq mi)|
|INSEE/Postal code||62871/ 62140|
|1 French Land Register data, which excludes lakes, ponds, glaciers > 1 km² (0.386 sq mi or 247 acres) and river estuaries.|
|2 Population without double counting: residents of multiple communes (e.g., students and military personnel) only counted once.|
The church of Our Lady of Assumption was constructed in 1664 of brick and stone, in typical regional style. The first Lords of Wamin are buried under the choir.
The château was built in the 17th century by François de Fléchin who had inherited, through marriage, the titles of the Créquy family and was elevated to Marquis in 1693. Sold in 1811 by the daughters of the Marquis of Fléchin to the Lefebvre family from Gouy.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Wamin|
- Wamin on the Quid website (French)
|This Pas-de-Calais geographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|