Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Vijayalakshmi is an Indian actress who has predominantly appeared in Kannada films.
Vijayalakshmi was born in Chennai, Tamil Nadu and did her studies in Karnataka. Vijayalakshmi acted in nearly 40 films in her career. She has acted in nearly 25 Kannada films. During her stint as an actress she was recognized for her beauty and performance. She debuted in ace director T. S. Nagabharana film Nagamandala. The first film of Vijayalakshmi was Nagamandala based on folk tale opposite Prakash Raj. She had acted in Tamil films Friends and Soori which were big hits. She returned to Tamil film industry again with the comedy film Boss Engira Bhaskaran, which became one of 2010's biggest successes. In Telugu she was recognized from the film Hanuman Junction. She had also acted in one Malayalam film with Praveen.
She has also acted in quite a few Tamil television serials. She also was an anchor of a game show Bangarada Bete, produced by Radaan Media Works.
After her move away from Tamil language films, Vijayalakshmi settled in Bangalore, where she had earlier pursued her studies. In 2006, it was reported that Vijayalakshmi attempted suicide by overdosing sleeping pills after being harassed by an assistant director who wanted to marry her. The decision came at the end of a difficult year for her in which her father also had died, but she was saved and recovered thereafter. However, in November 2006, she announced her engagement to actor Srujan Lokesh, with the wedding pencilled in for March 2007, after three years of dating. In a turn of events, the engagement was broken off, and Vijayalakshmi is still single.
|1998||Bhoomi Thayiya Chochchala Maga||Kannada|
|Patre Loves Padma||Kannada|
|2010||Boss Engira Bhaskaran||Nandhini Shanmugasundaram||Tamil|
|2014||Kadha Solla Porom||Amudha||Tamil||Filming|
- Chellamay (TV series) - Gayathri
- Bangarada Bete - host
- Vasantham - Akeela (Sun TV)
- Mundhanai Mudhichu - Nandhini (Sun TV)
- Vaazhvai Maatralam Vaanga - host
||This section has an unclear citation style. (May 2014)|
- V Lakshmi (2010-11-08). "I’m a pure Tamilian: Vijayalakshmi". The Times of India. Retrieved 2014-03-25.
- V Lakshmi (30 October 2010). "Vijayalakshmi's back in action". The Times of India. Retrieved 2014-03-25.
- "Vijayalakshm's suicide attempt shocking - Kannada Movie News". Indiaglitz.com. 2006-08-24. Retrieved 2014-03-25.
-  Archived 31 January 2010 at the Wayback Machine
- "Vijayalakshmi, Srujan Lokesh tie the knot". Oneindia Entertainment. 2006-11-06. Retrieved 2014-03-25.
This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia. A portion of the proceeds from advertising on Digplanet goes to supporting Wikipedia.