|Full name||Carlos Manuel Oliveiros da Silva|
|Date of birth||9 March 1959|
|Place of birth||São João da Madeira, Portugal|
|Height||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|1987–1988||→ Chaves (loan)||37||(9)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
After beginning professionally with two lowly clubs, including local A.D. Sanjoanense, Vermelhinho signed for FC Porto at the age of 23, in 1982. In the 1983–84 European Cup Winners' Cup he scored arguably his most important career goal, as his team won 1–0 at Aberdeen (2–0 aggregate): in a foggy night, he netted through an amazing long-range lob, and went on to also play the entire final, lost 1–2 to Juventus FC.
Vermelhinho closed out his career at first club Sanjoanense at the age of 36, also having represented in one-season spells G.D. Chaves, S.C. Braga and S.C. Espinho. For Portugal he earned two caps, being picked for the squad at UEFA Euro 1984, where he did not leave the bench.
- "Vermelhinho" (in Portuguese). Estrelas do FCP. 26 April 2009. Retrieved 6 September 2015.
- Vermelhinho at footballzz.co.uk
- Vermelhinho profile at ForaDeJogo
- Vermelhinho at National-Football-Teams.com
- Portugal stats at Eu-Football