|Veliki Preslav Municipality
Община Велики Преслав
|— Municipality —|
|Admin. centre (Obshtinski tsentar)||Veliki Preslav|
|• Total||277.65 km2 (107.20 sq mi)|
|Population (December 2009)|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
Veliki Preslav Municipality (Bulgarian: Община Велики Преслав, former name Preslav Municipality) is a municipality (obshtina) in Shumen Province, Northeastern Bulgaria, located in the area of the so called Fore-Balkan north of the eastern part of Stara planina mountain. It is named after its administrative centre - the town of Veliki Preslav which was one of the ancient capitals of Bulgaria.
The municipality embraces a territory of 277.65 km² with a population of 15,292 inhabitants, as of December 2009.
Veliki Preslav Municipality includes the following 12 places (towns are shown in bold):
|Veliki Preslav||Велики Преслав||8,951|
|Khan Krum||Хан Крум||387|
|Suha Reka||Суха река||112|
The following table shows the change of the population during the last four decades.
|Veliki Preslav Municipality|
|Sources: Census 2001, Census 2011, „pop-stat.mashke.org“,|
Ethnic composition 
According to the 2011 census, among those who answered the optional question on ethnic identification, the ethnic composition of the municipality was the following:
See also 
- (English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian provinces and municipalities in 2009
- (English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian towns in 2009
- (English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian villages under 1000 inhabitants - December 2009
- (English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian Settlements 1000-5000 inhabitants - December 2009
- National Statistical Institute - Census 2001
- Population by province, municipality, settlement and age by 01.02.2011; Bulgarian National Statistical Institute
- Population of Bulgarian divisions
- Population by province, municipality, settlement and ethnic identification, by 01.02.2011; Bulgarian National Statistical Institute (Bulgarian)
- Official website (Bulgarian)
A portion of the proceeds from advertising on Digplanet goes to supporting Wikipedia.