Sundaralinga Kudumbanar (died 1799), also known as "Veeran" Sundaralingam Kudumbanar (Tamil: வீரன் சுந்தரலிங்கம்), was an 18th-century CE general from Tamil Nadu, India. He was born in Governagiri village in Tuticorin district. He was a general of the Poligar Veerapandiya Kattabomman in his fight against the British East India Company. According to a majority of the accepted historical accounts, he was killed in 1799, while fighting for Kattabomman during the First Polygar War. Another view is that he was killed in the Second Polygar War (1800-1) while assisting Kattabomman's younger brother Oomaithurai.
A widely held account is that Sundaralingam died in the process of blowing up a British ammunition dump 1799. He planned to get near the dump surreptitiously and blew it up. His fiancée Vadivu drove a herd of goats near the ammunition dump at night, with Sundaralingam hiding among the goats covered in a blanket made of wool. As they approached the ammunition dump, a British soldier spotted Sundaralingam and raised alarm. Sudaralingam grabbed the fire torch from Vadivu's hand and jumped into the ammunition dump. Vadivu also jumped into the ammunition dump to die with her fiancé and they together blew up the ammunition dump and died. And also world's first suicide Bombers.  However, Kuyili, a trusted follower of Rani Velu Nachiar had similarly detonated a British ammunition dump in 1780.
In recent years Maveeram Sundaralinga Kudumbanar has been claimed as cultural icon by Puthiya Tamilagam the political party which evolved out of Devendrakula Velalar Federation(Devendrakula Velalar Koottamaippu). In 2009, the Tamil Nadu government-issued a policy note to build a memorial for Sundaralingam at Governagiri.
- Devendra kula vellalar
- Veerapandiya Kattabomman
- Maruthu Pandiyar
- Dheeran Chinnamalai
- Maveeran Madivala Machideva
- "Forgotten Heroes - Veeran Sundaralingam, World's first human bomb". Retrieved 21 February 2012.
- "Fear, hatred haunts violence-hit southern districts of TN". Rediff. 30 June 1997. Retrieved 29 March 2010.
- "Tamil Nadu Budget Speech 2010". Government of Tamil Nadu. Retrieved 29 March 2010.
- "பூலித்தேவன்: அண்ணன் மு.க....தொடர்ச்சி". Sify. 26 November 2007. Retrieved 29 March 2010.
- Smita Narula (1999). Broken people: caste violence against India's "untouchables". Human Rights Watch. p. 84. ISBN 9781564322289.
- "Policy note on Information and Publicity" (PDF). Government of Tamil Nadu. Retrieved 29 March 2010.
- Article on Veeran Sundaralingam in Tamilaga Arasiyal Magazine 1
- Article on Veeran Sundaralingam in Tamilaga Arasiyal Magazine 2