Vallavarayar Vandhiyathevar was a feudatory of the Chola kings Raja Raja Chola I and Rajendra Chola I and chief of the Samanthas of North Arcot. He was married to Kundavai, the elder sister of Raja Raja I. The territory under his authority was known as Vallavaraiyarnadu. Vandiyadevan is idealized in Kalki's romantic novel Ponniyin Selvan.
|Tamil Wikisource has original text related to this article:|
- Ponniyin Selvan - Complete Novel in Tamil Wikisource (Unicode)
- Rajakesari, a new novel written by Gokul Seshadri, happens during the later part of Rajaraja Chola's life. It is a historic thriller that can be read in full from Varalaaru monthly e-magazine's website.To read the novel, Click here
- Cherar Kottai (Part-II of Rajakesari), another novel also by Gokul Seshadri happens during the early part of Rajaraja Chola's life. It fully explains the circumstances under which Rajaraja makes his first and memorable victory over Kanthaloor Chalai - a chera martial arts academy. It is a historic fiction that can be read from Varalaaru monthly e-magazine's website.To read the novel, Click here
- Kalvettu Sonna Kadaigal Series in Varalaaru.com Magazine
- Ponniyin Selvan
- Gokul Seshadri's Ponniyinselvan Facts and Fiction
- Sadasiva Pandarathar's Pirkala Chozar Varalaaru (Annamalai University Publication)
|This article about the literature of India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia. A portion of the proceeds from advertising on Digplanet goes to supporting Wikipedia.