|VH1 Classic Europe|
|Owned by||Viacom International Media Networks Europe|
|Slogan||Absolutely none of today's hottest new music.|
|Sister channel(s)||VH1 Europe|
|CanalDigitaal (Netherlands)||Channel 60|
|UPC Netherlands||Channel 611|
|Ziggo (Netherlands)||Channel 359|
|KPN (Netherlands)||Channel 410|
|BELGACOM TV (Belgium)||Channel 172|
|The Devil TV||Watch live|
VH1 Classic Europe, also known as VH1 Classic European, is a music television channel from Viacom International Media Networks Europe. The channel primarily features music videos from the 70s through to the 90s, although rare live performances from the 40s, 50s and 60s can be seen as well. VH1 Classic was first launched in the United Kingdom on July 1, 1999 and made available from the beginning to the whole of Europe. However, the current pan-European service was launched in November 2004, when it became a separate feed from VH1 Classic UK. Like VH1 Europe, it broadcast from MTV Networks Europe's premises in Camden Town (London, UK). It is officially available to viewers all over Europe (except the UK & Ireland). Unlike VH1 Classic UK, the pan-European version of the channel is entirely devoid of advertisements, with round-the-clock music videos played out from MTV Networks Europe's comprehensive library in London.
Regular programming on VH1 Classic Europe
- 90s Vs 00s - Back to back videos, alternating releases from the '90s and '00s, sometimes from the same artist.
- All Time Hits - General music videos.
- Boogie Wonderland - Funk, disco and dance classics.
- Classic Power Ballads - Power ballads from the last four decades.
- Never Mind The Classics - General music videos.
- Nothing But Classics - General music videos.
- Smells Like The 90s - Music from the nineties.
- The Rock Show - Rock music videos from the past four decades.
- We Are The 80s - Music from the eighties.
- Iain Chapman (July 1, 1999). "New MTV Channels start today". Digital Spy.
- "MTV Networks Europe Fact Sheet". MTV Networks Europe. Retrieved October 11, 2012.