|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2012)|
|Unch Maaza Zoka|
|Directed by||Viren Pradhan|
|Country of origin||India|
|Running time||8:00pm to 8:30pm|
|Original channel||Zee Marathi|
Unch Maaza Zoka (Marathi: उंच माझा झोका) is an Indian television series directed by Viren Pradhan and airing on Zee Marathi. It is a dramatization of the story of how the child Yamuna was given at age 11 in an arranged marriage to Mahadev Govind Ranade and then proceeded to defy society's expectation to become the social activist Ramabai Ranade.
- Mahadev Govind Ranade: Vikram Gaikwad
- Yamuna / Younger Ramabai Ranade: Tejashree Walawalkar
- Elder Ramabai Ranade: Spruha Joshi
- Govind (Bhausaheb) Ranade: Sharad Ponkshe
- Annasaheb Kurlekar (Ramabai's father): Shailesh Datar
- Uma Kurlekar (Ramabai's mother): Kavita Lad-Medhekar
- Mai : Rugvedi Viren Pradhan
The story is based in the late 19th century Maharashtra. The sets for the show, presenting the houses and interiors resembling that era are constructed at Film City, Goregaon. Erected on 30-50 thousand square feet area, the set is mainly designed per descriptions of Ranade Wada as written by Ramabai Ranade in her biography Mazhya Aayushyatlya Aathvani. Santosh Futane has designed the sets based on these descriptions and then making them shooting-friendly. The makeup rooms also have the old look from outside but are equipped with modern facilities from inside. The props of old utensils, lamps, machines have been collected from various cities including rural areas like Padgha, Wada and Mokhada.
- New serial'Uncha Majha Zoka' soon on Zee Marathi marathimovieworld, February 16, 2012.
- Sathe, Medha. "उंच माझा झोका - घरोघरी सर्वांची लाडकी रमा" (in Marathi). Retrieved Sep 18, 2012.
- "मराठी मालिकांचा ‘उंच झोका’ लटकणार?" (in Marathi). Loksatta. May 2012. Retrieved Sep 18, 2012.
- Ketkar, Swati. "तारेवरची कसरत" (in Marathi). Maharashtra Times. Retrieved Sep 18, 2012.
|This Indian television-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|