|This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2013)|
- This sighting is called The Adhara Observatory UFO Lunar Transit. It takes place on January 12, 1965 at 8:30 pm, at the private-owner Adhara Observatory in San Miguel, Buenos Aires province. Scientists received several calls concerning strange objects visible on the moon. The staff of the observatory photographed the moon in fixed intervals; after processing, some photos revealed disk shaped objects flying in front of the moon. Some experts think that the UFOs on the photos are probably a fault in the processing of the film.
- On October 30 truck driver Dionisio Llanca was admitted to the Municipal Hospital of Bahía Blanca. He claimed that on the night of October 27, he left his uncle's home in Bahia Blanca to travel to Río Gallegos when he stopped to change a tire and became paralyzed by an intense light. According to Llanca, he saw an object in the sky and beings he described as two men and a woman who subjected him to some form of medical testing. Llanca says he briefly awoke hours later approximately 9 kilometers away. The case was investigated by UFO researcher Fabio Zerpa and published on his book El Reino Subterráneo.
- A silver UFO flew over Villa Urquiza, a high density area in the city of Buenos Aires. It is maybe the most spectacular UFO incident of Argentina, with more than 7,500 witnesses. The local airport reported an object flying to the west, towards General Paz Avenue seen on the radars on that sunny afternoon.
- Argentina, The year 1965 in photos
- Robert E. Bartholomew; George S. Howard (31 March 1998). UFOs & alien contact: two centuries of mystery. Prometheus Books, Original from the University of California. ISBN 978-1-57392-200-5. Retrieved 24 May 2013.
- Dionisio Llanca: El informe Solari (Spanish)
- Avistamientos importantes de ovnis en el Mundo (Spanish)
A portion of the proceeds from advertising on Digplanet goes to supporting Wikipedia.