Tune Group Sdn Bhd (or Tune Group Sendirian Berhad, meaning 'private limited') is a leisure and entertainment corporation founded by the Malaysian entrepreneurs Tony Fernandes and Kamarudin Meranun. Tune Group's mission is to provide affordability and accessibility to leisure activities and entertainment, primarily in Asian markets. It does this via its airline, hotel, telecommunication, financial services, sports, media and creative industries subsidiaries. Its subsidiaries include Air Asia, a budget airline, Caterham F1 Team, a Formula 1 team, and Queens Park Rangers, an English football club. Tune Group was the official shirt sponsor of FA match officials until 2013.
Tune was founded in late 2001 with the purchase of AirAsia by Tune Air Sdn Bhd on 2 December 2001. In 2013, Tune Group expanded its low budget hotel business (Tune Hotels) in Australia.
- AirAsia Berhad
- Tune Talk Sdn Bhd
- Tune Hotels Regional Services Sdn Bhd
- Tune Money Sdn Bhd
- Think Big Digital Sdn Bhd
- Tune Ins Holdings Berhad
- Tune Studios Sdn Bhd
- QPR Asia Sdn Bhd
- Tune Box Sdn Bhd
- Educ8 Group Sdn Bhd
- Caterham Group
Tune Group is a partner of The Football League and the FA Cup. It contracted to partner the Professional Games Match Officials (PGMO) for seven years and ran for three years for the course of the 2010-2011 season. Previously, PGMO was affiliated with the Tune Group subsidiary AirAsia.
- ^ "Company Overview of Tune Group Sdn Bhd". Bloomberg Business Week website. Accessed 17 February 2014.
- ^ "Tune group has boasted as having the potential to repeat AirAsias success." Times of Oman 19 June 2012 – via HighBeam Research (subscription required) Accessed 24 November 2012.
- ^ "Tune Talk." Tune Group website June 2013.
- ^ "Lotus to join Formula One grid for 2010." The Guardian 15 September 2009. Accessed 24 November 2012.
- ^ "Queens Park Rangers Bought by AirAsia CEO Tony Fernandes." Bloomberg 18 August 2011.
- ^ "Tune Group to sponsor Premier League refs" Marketing 6 October 2010. Accessed 23 March 2014.
- ^ "Tune Group plans Aust expansion." Business Spectator. 18 June 2013. Accessed 17 February 2014.
- ^ "Premier League referees whistle up new sponsorship deal." news.bbc.co.uk BBC News 6 August 2010 Accessed 17 August 2010.
- ^ "Referees in Tune for the new season." Premier League 6 August 2010. Accessed 17 August 2010
Tue, 01 Sep 2015 02:00:00 -0700
... and through our analytics and insights business, including Intelligent Shopper Solutions. In other markets, we own stakes in loyalty programs, such as Club Premier in Mexico, Air Miles Middle East and Think Big, a partnership with Air Asia and Tune ...
Fri, 05 Jun 2015 03:52:30 -0700
Tune Group Sdn., the investment firm backed by AirAsia Holdings Bhd. founder Tony Fernandes, is considering selling its shares in a Malaysian insurance venture. Tune Group's review of its stake in Tune Ins Holdings Bhd. is at a preliminary stage, Group ...
The Star Online
Sun, 07 Jun 2015 17:55:04 -0700
The research house said the reasons for Tune Group's planned disposal of its stakes in Tune Ins could be mainly profit taking after the good performance of the share price of Tune Ins since the IPO. Another factor was the need for capital for other new ...
Fri, 05 Jun 2015 22:38:46 -0700
Tune Group CEO Tan Hong Kheng responded to the news wires in an email,saying that the review was at a preliminary stage. Tune Group is the largest shareholder in Tune Ins with a 16.6 per cent holding, worth about $62 million based on its current price, ...
Mon, 20 Jul 2015 20:39:40 -0700
In October, Tune Group said it would invest £200m in its UK budget hotel operation with the aim of opening 25 new sites over the next five years. Mr Fernandes's sprawling Tune Group empire includes the Tune Hotels venture, his AirAsia holdings and ...
Fri, 17 Oct 2014 17:56:15 -0700
Tune Hotels are part of his Tune Group private investment empire. Prices start at about £25 a night, though they are higher in London. A sixth hotel is opening in Newcastle and Mr Fernandes is committing to 25 new UK hotels by the end of the decade.
Wed, 12 Aug 2015 09:18:45 -0700
The company recently ended its global franchise partnership with Tune Hotels, the value hotel chain of the Tune Group of Malaysian entrepreneur Tony Fernandes. It has already rebranded all of its existing Tune Hotels into the Red Planet brand since ...
Thu, 30 Apr 2015 02:33:45 -0700
Tune Hotels.com is a “limited service” hotel chain operated by Tune Hotels Regional Services Sdn Bhd that provides a claimed “5-star sleeping experience at a 1-star price” accommodation. Tune Hotels is part of the Tune Group, the private investment ...
Oops, we seem to be having trouble contacting Twitter
Digplanet also receives support from Searchlight Group.