Tune Group Sdn Bhd (or Tune Group Sendirian Berhad, meaning 'private limited') is a leisure and entertainment corporation founded by the Malaysian entrepreneurs Tony Fernandes and Kamarudin Meranun. Tune Group's mission is to provide affordability and accessibility to leisure activities and entertainment, primarily in Asian markets. It does this via its airline, hotel, telecommunication, financial services, sports, media and creative industries subsidiaries. Its subsidiaries include Air Asia, a budget airline, Caterham F1 Team, a Formula 1 team, and Queens Park Rangers, an English football club. Tune Group was the official shirt sponsor of FA match officials until 2013.
Tune was founded in late 2001 with the purchase of AirAsia by Tune Air Sdn Bhd on 2 December 2001. In 2013, Tune Group expanded its low budget hotel business (Tune Hotels) in Australia.
Tune Group is a partner of The Football League and the FA Cup. It contracted to partner the Professional Games Match Officials (PGMO) for seven years and ran for three years for the course of the 2010-2011 season. Previously, PGMO was affiliated with the Tune Group subsidiary AirAsia.
- ^ "Company Overview of Tune Group Sdn Bhd". Bloomberg Business Week website. Accessed 17 February 2014.
- ^ "Tune group has boasted as having the potential to repeat AirAsias success." Times of Oman 19 June 2012 – via HighBeam Research (subscription required) Accessed 24 November 2012.
- ^ "Tune Talk." Tune Group website June 2013.
- ^ "Lotus to join Formula One grid for 2010." The Guardian 15 September 2009. Accessed 24 November 2012.
- ^ "Queens Park Rangers Bought by AirAsia CEO Tony Fernandes." Bloomberg 18 August 2011.
- ^ "Tune Group to sponsor Premier League refs" Marketing 6 October 2010. Accessed 23 March 2014.
- ^ "Tune Group plans Aust expansion." Business Spectator. 18 June 2013. Accessed 17 February 2014.
- ^ "Premier League referees whistle up new sponsorship deal." news.bbc.co.uk BBC News 6 August 2010 Accessed 17 August 2010.
- ^ "Referees in Tune for the new season." Premier League 6 August 2010. Accessed 17 August 2010
The Rakyat Post
The Rakyat Post
Tue, 20 Jan 2015 06:03:45 -0800
When contacted, Lo said he decided to “play the clown in the office” as it had been a tough past year for everyone in the Tune group. “We were interviewing a videographer and I asked him: 'How good are you?' I decided to test him. So I told him to ...
The Sun Daily
Tue, 27 Jan 2015 13:40:01 -0800
He and Tune Group's founder, Datuk Kamarudin Meranun are major shareholders with 19.95% and 19.16% stakes respectively. "The acquisition of shares into Tune Money will position AirAsia to take full advantage of future growth in electronic money, ...
Fri, 17 Oct 2014 17:56:15 -0700
Tune Hotels are part of his Tune Group private investment empire. Prices start at about £25 a night, though they are higher in London. A sixth hotel is opening in Newcastle and Mr Fernandes is committing to 25 new UK hotels by the end of the decade.
Tue, 09 Dec 2014 12:26:15 -0800
As part of the UKTI and the London Mayor Boris Johnson's visit to Kuala Lumpur, Yoyo, the mobile platform that seamlessly blends payment, loyalty and discovery via its mobile wallet app, announces today that it has reached an understanding with Tune ...
Tue, 27 Jan 2015 22:00:00 -0800
... Club Premier, Mexico's leading coalition loyalty program, China Rewards, the first coalition loyalty program in China that enables members to earn and redeem a common currency, Think Big, the owner and operator of BIG - AirAsia and Tune Group's ...
The Malaysian Insider
The Malaysian Insider
Fri, 26 Dec 2014 04:28:28 -0800
AirAsia group CEO Tan Sri Tony Fernandes' Tune Group Sdn Bhd sold 944,800 shares in Tune Insurance Holdings Bhd. – Reuters pic, December 26, 2014.AirAsia group chief executive officer Tan Sri Tony Fernandes' investment vehicle Tune Group Sdn ...
The Borneo Post
Thu, 14 Aug 2014 09:07:30 -0700
KUCHING:The recently appointed chief executive officer of Tune Group Sdn Bhd, Tan Hong Kheng needs little time to blend in into his new role, thanks to his long association with the group. In his previous capacity, Hong Kheng had been responsible to ...
Free Malaysia Today
Thu, 07 Aug 2014 01:03:07 -0700
tune_300 KUALA LUMPUR: Three months into his new capacity, chief executive officer of Tune Group Sdn Bhd, Tan Hong Kheng, says he looks forward to creating synergy among its member companies. “We see so much potential in everyone and will ...
Oops, we seem to be having trouble contacting Twitter
Digplanet also receives support from Searchlight Group.