Tulu film industry is a part of Indian cinema. Tulu film Industry also called as Coastalwood. It produces 3 to 5 films annually. The first film being Enna Thangadi released in 1971. Usually earlier these films were released in theatres across the Tulu Nadu region and on DVD. But Currently Tulu film Industry grown to the level where films are releasing simultaneously in Mangalore, Udupi and Mumbai, Bangalore and Gulf Countries. The critically acclaimed Tulu Film Suddha, won the award for the best Indian Film at the Osian film festival held at New Delhi in the year 2006. During the year 2011 Tulu Film Industry got second life by release of film called Oriyardori Asal. The film turned out to be the biggest hit in Tulu film history till date.
- The first Tulu film is Enna Thangadi released in 1971.
- Dareda Budedi produced by K.N.Taylor was the second feature film released in 1971.
- Koti Chennaya (1973) directed by Vishu Kumar was the first history-based Tulu cinema.
- The first Tulu colour film Kariyani Kattandi Kandani was produced in 1978 by Aroor Bhimarao.
- Bisatti Babu produced in 1972 was the first film to receive the State government award as the best Tulu film.
- Bangar Patler produced in 1993 by Richard Castelino has received the highest national and international awards.
- September 8, directed by Richard Castelino, starring Kannada actor Sunil and Kannada writer, K.Shivaram Karanth was shot in 24 hours entirely in Mangalore, a record in the world cinema.
- Sudda won the award for the best Indian film at the eighth Asian Film Festival "Ocean - Cinefan"
- Nirel directed by Ranjith Bajpe, produced by Shodhan Prasad and co produced by San Poojary will be the first Tulu movie totally produced overseas.
- Chaali Polilu directed by Virendra Shetty Kavoor was a highest grossing film in Tulu film industry.
- Enna Tangadi (My Sister)
- Daredha Budedhi (Official wife)
- Pagetta Puge (Fume of Hate)
- Bisatti Babu (Knife Babu)
- Koti Chennayya
- Kaasdaya Kandane (Money is honey)
- Udalda Tudar (Flame Of Heart)
- Yaan Sanyasi Aape (I will be a Saint)
- Bayya Mallige (Evening Jasmine)
- Yer Malthina Tappu (Who the wrong)
- Saaviradorti Saavithri (Saavithri - The one in Thousand)
- Inquilab Zindabad
- Tulu Naada Siri (Wealth of Tulunad)
- Sangama Saakshi (Witness of Union)
- Nyaayogaad Enna Baduku (life for Justice)
- Bollidota (Silver Garden)
- Kariyani Kattandi Kandani (unofficial husband)
- Bhagyavantedi (Fortune Lady)
- Badkere Budle (Let me live)
- Daareda Seere (The wedding saree)
- Raathri Pagel (The Night and Day)
- Pettayi Pili (Wounded Tiger)
- Badkonji Kabite (Life is poet)
- Satya Olundu (Where is Truth)
- Bangar Patler (Gold-hearted Patel)
- Badk Da Bile (The life value)
- September 8
- Kaala (The Time)
- Maari Bale (Mari bale-The fishing net)
- On the Edjast Malpi (Just adjust)
- Suddha (Pure)
- Kadala Mage (The Son of Sea)
- Birse (The Smart)
- Kanchilda Baale (Blessed Girl)
- Oriyardori Asal (Smarter than other)
- Aamait Asal-Eemait Kusal (Edge of gentle-edge of mischief)
- Bangarda Kural (Golden Corn)
- Telikeda Bolli (Smiling Star)
- Koti Chennaya 
- Badi (Dowry)
- Gaggara (The Anklets)
- Rickshaw Driver (Auto driver) won Karnataka State Film Award for Best Regional film
- Pakkilu Mooji (Three birds)
- Barke-Kudlada Pilikulena Kathe (Barke- The saga of Manglore rowdism)
- Nirel (The Shadow)
- Rang (The Colour)
- Barke 2-Kudlada Pilikulena Kathe (Barke 2 sequel)
- Brahmashri Narayana Guru Swamy (Story of famous saint narayana guru)
- Chaali Polilu (Rascals)
- Ekka Saka 
- Oriyan Thoonda Oriyagapuji (One against Other)
- Ini Athnda Elle (Today Nor Tomorrow)
- Madime (The Wedding)
- Mullabeli (Compound of Thorn)
- Soombe (Sorry)
- Rangdha Dibbana (colourful Marry)
- Madme Onji Avodattha (Would like to Marry)
- Beere Devu Poonje (The Hero - Devu poonja)
- Super Marmaye (Super Son-in-Law)*
- Rambarooti (The Mash Up)
- Right Bokka Left-Nadutu Kudonji (One more between right and left)
Sat, 11 Apr 2015 02:56:15 -0700
The arrival of two films within a two-month gap is a flood compared to the steady trickle that constitutes Tulu cinema. Since the first Tulu film Enna Thangadi (My Sister) was completed in 1971, only 54 films have been released. The number of ...
Mon, 30 Mar 2015 04:33:21 -0700
Mangaluru, 30 Mar 2015: After success of 'Nirel' Tulu movie which bagged 5 awards recently in Mangalore including Best Film, Sandhya Creations have come up with yet another different new subject, Dhand (army) which completed shooting in 45 days after ...
Mon, 13 Apr 2015 03:21:04 -0700
Mangaluru, Apr 13: Sandhya Creations after the success of its maiden venture 'Nirel' wanted to venture into another project again in Tulu. So when the script of 'Dhand' got ready, it required a versatile actor who would be a young comedian blending ...
Wed, 18 Mar 2015 14:11:15 -0700
The first superstar of Tulu cinema, Tailor had acted in nine films and directed and produced as many, which gave him the honor of being known as the “Bheeshma” of the Tulu film industry. Tulu is a language spoken in the southwest part of Karnataka and ...
Tue, 24 Mar 2015 17:07:13 -0700
“He remains a pioneer of Tulu cinema,” Mr. Rai said. He said he recently interviewed Mr. Tailor for two hours for the documentary on city's heritage 'Mangaluru Darshana' wherein the veteran actor spoke frankly of his life in the Tulu industry. Actor ...
Sat, 14 Mar 2015 11:45:00 -0700
Regional films. Trapped in time A scene from one of the all-time Tulu hits 'Bayya. At a time when many film producers and actors are struggling to survive and even the best films fail to cross the 50-day mark, a Tulu film has managed to complete 100 ...
Times of India
Times of India
Tue, 03 Feb 2015 04:24:31 -0800
Tulu cinema's best-known comic artistes Devdas Kapikad and Naveen Padil jointly won the best supporting actor (male). Sandalwood choreographer Madan Harini was adjudged best choreographer for Bangarda Kural, while Ramya Barna won best actor ...
Sun, 22 Mar 2015 17:29:46 -0700
A meeting to condole the death of K.N. Tailor, Tulu cinema ariste, director and producer and theatre artiste, will be organised at University College, Hampankatta, on March 24 at 5 p.m. Ganesh Nataka Sabha in association with the college will organise it.
Oops, we seem to be having trouble contacting Twitter
Digplanet also receives support from Searchlight Group.