Travis Lane Stork (born 1972) is an American emergency physician and television personality, best known for appearing on The Bachelor, and as the host of the syndicated daytime talk show The Doctors.
Stork graduated magna cum laude as a member of Phi Beta Kappa Society from Duke University, and earned his medical degree with honors from the University of Virginia, where he was a member of Alpha Omega Alpha. He thereafter began an emergency medicine residency at Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville, Tennessee.
During his residency, Stork appeared on Season 8 of The Bachelor. During the season finale of the show, Stork chose schoolteacher Sarah Stone, who coincidentally lived only a few blocks away from his Nashville residence. However, only one week after the show's pre-taped finale aired, the couple announced that their relationship was already over.
Stork completed his residency, then practiced medicine in the emergency room at Vanderbilt and a hospital in Colorado.
Stork was the lead host on The Doctors, a Los Angeles-based daytime medical/talk show, beginning with its debut in September 2008 and continuing through its renewal in 2014 for the 2015-2016 season. On the show, Stork led a panel of three other physicians from different fields (pediatrics, plastic surgery and obstetrics) who discussed health issues and answered audience questions. The idea came about from a series of segments that were featured on Dr. Phil, to which Stork was also a frequent contributor. The show won the Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Talk Show Informative in 2010. A 2014 study in the British Medical Journal determined that "evidence supported 63%, contradicted 14%, and was not found for 24%" of recommendations made by the panel of doctors, and that "the public should be skeptical about recommendations made on medical talk shows."
In October 2013, Stork joined telehealth company MDLIVE as chairman of its Medical Advisory Board; as of March 2015 he was no longer affiliated with the company.
Stork has published several books for the general public about health, including The Lean Belly Prescription and The Doctor's Diet, both of which made the New York Times Best Seller list in the "Advise, How to & Miscellaneous" category.
Stork has said that his parents were midwestern farmers, and that he was the first doctor in his family.
Stork married pediatrician Charlotte Brown on June 30, 2012. They divorced in the spring of 2015.
- ^ a b Paige Albiniak (April 29, 2014). "Meet the Original Doctors of ‘The Doctors’". Variety (magazine). Retrieved 16 March 2016.
- ^ a b Staff, Fox News Magazine. June 6, 2012 6 Lean Belly Tips from Dr. Stork
- ^ a b Kate Belz for the Chatanooga Times Free Press. July 25th, 2013 Host of 'The Doctors,' formerly of Vanderbilt, coming to She Expo
- ^ Elizabeth Kwiatkowski for Reality TV World. July 5, 2012 Former 'The Bachelor' Star Travis Stork Marries Dr. Charlotte Brown
- ^ Paige Albiniak for Variety. April 29, 2014 ‘The Doctors’ at 1,000 Episodes: Show Finds Success in Mixing Info and Entertainment
- ^ a b Patricia Sheridan for the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. May 13, 2013 Breakfast With ... Dr. Travis Stork
- ^ Melinda Carstensen for MediaPlanet: The Future of Healthcare. Making the Rounds with Dr. Travis Stork Page archived May 25, 2015
- ^ Brian Stelter for the New York Times. Jan 16, 2009. Grab the Remote, the Doctor’s In
- ^ "'As the World Turns' tops Daytime Emmys". The Hollywood Reporter. New York City: Prometheus Global Media. Associated Press. June 27, 2010. Archived from the original on July 28, 2011. Retrieved May 5, 2013.
- ^ Koronyk, C.; et al. (December 17, 2014). "Televised medical talk shows—what they recommend and the evidence to support their recommendations: a prospective observational study". The British Medical Journal. doi:10.1136/bmj.g7346. Retrieved December 17, 2014.
- ^ "Press Release: Dr. Travis Stork, co-host of TV Talk Show The Doctors, Joins Telehealth Leader MDLIVE as Chairman of its Medical Advisory Board".
- ^ Web Archive of MDLIVE: Our Advisors Page archived March 2015
- ^ WorldCat Stork, Travis Page accessed March 15, 2016
- ^ New York Times Best Sellers. February 27, 2011 How to, Miscellaneous
- ^ "Advise, How-to & Micellaneous". The New York Times. 26 January 2014. Retrieved 16 March 2016.
- ^ The Doctors Star Travis Stork Married to Dr. Charlotte Brown
- ^ Kile, Meredith B. (January 27, 2016). "EXCLUSIVE: Dr. Travis Stork Reveals the Most Unexpected Part of Being 'The Bachelor'". ET Online. Retrieved 10 March 2016.
Dr Travis Stork Suffers Vertigo Live on Stage - The Drs - Feb 2015
Dr Travis Stork gets a nasty suprise when he suffers a sudden bout of vertigo. ER physician Dr. Travis Stork is well known for taking his health seriously.
Most Romantic Moment
from "Where Are They Now" - ABC - 3/10/08 Gwen's Balloon Ride & Byron's Proposal to Mary.
Woman Says She Chose to Blind Herself -- Dr. Travis Stork Weighs In
Amber, aka “Jewel” Shuping, made international headlines after she says she intentionally made herself blind by putting drain cleaner into her eyes. Dr. Travis ...
Travis Lane Stork
Travis Lane Stork, MD (born March 9, 1972, in Fort Collins, Colorado) is an American emergency physician and television personality, best known for appearing ...
The Love Story
This video has become my favorite and I decided to redo it to do more justice to the song and this awesome love story.
When to Go to the E.R. Medical Course
For Educational Use Only - Fair Use - E.R. physician Dr. Travis Stork outlines what symptoms mean that you should get to the emergency room u2013 STATrn.
A Statistical Analysis of Love on The Bachelor
We took a look at every Bachelor to see how they fared in love. (Spoiler: The show's record is even worse than we imagined.) Here's a comprehensive history of ...
Travis Stork: Don't Be That Girl
Travis Stork discusses his new book, Don't Be That Girl. A must-read for those who fell for Dr. Stork's down-to-earth charm and irresistible bedside manner, Don't ...
Dr. Travis Stork - THE BONNIE HUNT SHOW
Bonnie Hunt asks former "Bachelor" Dr. Travis Stork about his long term relationship... with his dog.
Dr. Travis Stork Tells All
Watch as the handsome Dr. Travis Stork talks about his fiancé, his original career path before deciding to become a doctor and why he wants to be put out of the ...
New York Daily News
New York Daily News
Thu, 14 Jan 2016 12:28:37 -0800
They may have nabbed the final rose — some even got a ring — but few winners of “The Bachelor” won their happily ever after. The long-running reality love show is currently in its 20th season — which, for the first time, includes twin sisters vying ...
Fri, 22 Jan 2016 14:07:30 -0800
It might not seem like it, but The Bachelor Season 1 premiered 14 years ago. Can you believe it?! On March 25, 2002, the first Bachelor ever, Alex Michel, arrived at the mansion to start the tradition of handing out roses, ended up rejecting Trista ...
Thu, 21 Jan 2016 09:59:56 -0800
After 20 seasons (and 11 more of The Bachelorette), it's safe to say that The Bachelor is a pretty cheesy show. Between the rose ceremonies, the group dates, and everybody talking about their "journey," this is a show people watch for one of two ...
Mon, 04 Jan 2016 16:57:29 -0800
The time has come! Fans have waited long enough and now 28 lovelorn women are here to compete for the heart of one man. That's right, Season 20 of The Bachelor is upon us and with it comes a new man for viewers to either love or loathe. (But, based on ...
Wed, 10 Feb 2016 20:10:53 -0800
The first 19 seasons of "The Bachelor" featured Alex Michel, Aaron Buerge, Andrew Firestone, Bob Guiney, Jesse Palmer, Byron Velvick, Charlie O'Connell, Travis Lane Stork, Lorenzo Borghese, Andrew Baldwin, Brad Womack, Matt Grant, Jason Mesnick, ...
Wed, 17 Feb 2016 10:11:15 -0800
Season 8: Travis Lane Stork and Sarah Stone broke up just after the season finished taping. Season 9: Prince Lorenzo Borghese and Jennifer Wilson split within two months. Season 10: Andy Baldwin and Tessa Horst broke up within months. Season 11: ...
Fri, 18 Sep 2015 19:57:52 -0700
And in that time there have been 24 break ups, five weddings and one Blake Garvey incident (dumping the winner for a previously evicted contestant), proving trying to find and stay in love is harder than it seems. While Australia has only had three ...
Wed, 02 Jul 2008 00:00:01 -0700
That's exactly what 25 women got in 2006 when Dr. Travis Lane Stork became ABC's latest Bachelor for season 8. That season, the women competed for Travis in one of the most romantic cities in the world – Paris, France. A resident of Nashville, Travis ...
Oops, we seem to be having trouble contacting Twitter
Digplanet also receives support from Searchlight Group.