|Born||Tokay Habib oglu Mammadov
July 18, 1927
|Awards||USSR State Prize (1958), State Premium of the Azerbaijan SSR (1982), “Shohrat” Order(2002) and etc.|
Tokay Habib oglu Mammadov (Azerbaijani: Tokay Həbib oğlu Məmmədov; July 18, 1927, Baku, Azerbaijan SSR) – is the eminent sculptor-monumentalist of Azerbaijan, People's Artist of the Azerbaijan SSR (1973), corresponding member of the USSR Academy of Arts (1975), Honored Arts Worker of the Azerbaijan SSR (1962), Professor  (1977). In 1970-1972’s he was a chairman of the Union of Artists of Azerbaijan and is the corresponding member of Russian Academy of Arts.
He is the son of the first woman-sculptor of Azerbaijan- Ziver Mammadova  and Habib Mammadov - candidate of technical sciences. After getting secondary education, Tokay Mammadov entered Baku Technical School of Arts and in the third year, in 1945, he was accepted to sculpture faculty of Saint Petersburg State Academic Institute of Arts, Sculpture and Architecture named after I.E.Repin.
In 1951, he graduated from the Institute of Arts, Sculpture and Architecture named after I.E.Repin. He studied at such great masters as A.T.Matveyev, M.A.Kerzin and V.B.Pinchuk. He was conferred the USSR State Prize (1978) for a monument to Meshadi Azizbekov in Baku (1977). He was given the State Premium of the Azerbaijan SSR (1982) for sculptural monument to the XI Caucasian Red Army in Baku (1980). He was conferred a silver medal of the USSR Academy of Arts for a monument to Fuzuli in Baku (1962).
Among his main works are: bronze busts to veterans of war, Adil Guliyev - Hero of the Soviet Union, N.Shaverdyayev, Bahaddin Mirzoyev, S.Ahmadov – Hero of Socialist Labour (USSR)(all in 1985); sculptural portrait of Samad Vurgun (1987), a monument to Nasimi (together with Ibrahim Zeynalov ) (1979).
Tokay Mammadv was one of the first Azerbaijani sculptors who began to work with wood and since then it became his favourite material. Jamil Novruzov - one of the eminent art critics of Azerbaijan describes Mammadov’s work as follows:
He created great Nizami’s portrait and a lofty, intellectual, complex and spiritually rich world of the poet of wood. Wisdom of a human can be read from manly features, tiredly covered with eyelids eyes and frowns of Nizami.
At present he lives and works in Baku and is a head of a department in Azerbaijan State Academy of Arts. During these decades he trained pleiad of young and talented specialists. He is married to Aida Abdullayeva – Honoured Actress of Azerbaijan, a grand granddaughter of Arablinski. According to the order of Ilham Aliyev – the President of Azerbaijan, he became a member of Heraldry Council at the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan, since February 7, 2006. He was conferred a memorial medal “For great services to the Academy in honor of the 250th anniversary” in honor of the 250th anniversary of Russian Academy of Arts.
- The USSR State Prize (1978)
- State Premium of the Azerbaijan SSR (1982)
- “Shohrat” Order (Azerbaijan) (2002)
- Silver Medal of the USSR Academy of Arts (1958)
- “For great services to the Academy in honor of the 250th anniversary” (Russia) (2007)
- Medal named after academician Yusif Mammadaliyev (“Bilik” (“Knowledge”) center of enlightenment, culture and information) (2007)
- "President attends opening of Azerbaijani folk hero’s monument". news.az. 2012-02-21.
- "Tokay Mammadov". azerbaijans.com.
- "Первая азербайджанская женщина-скульптор". zerkalo.az. 03.10.2009. Check date values in:
- "Мамедов Токай Габибович - скульптор". Наш Баку.
- "Известный балабанист Алихан Самедов удостоен медали им.академика Ю.Мамедалиева". Day.az. 2007-05-30.