|— Town —|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Thuvakudi (Tamil: துவாக்குடி) is a 3rd Grade Municipality in Tiruchirappalli City in the Indian state of Tamil Nadu. It is approximately 335 km from the nearest cosmopolis — Chennai (formerly Madras). It lies along National Highway 67, which runs from Tiruchirapalli to Tanjore.
As of 2001[update] India census, Thuvakudi had a population of 35,428. Males constitute 51% of the population and females 49%. Thuvakudi has an average literacy rate of 73%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: In Thuvakudi, 12% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Thuvakudi Selection Grade Town Panchayat is upgraded as 3rd Grade Municipality in G.O. M.S.No. 277 Municipal Administration and Water Supply Department dated 5.7.2004. In this Third grade municipality has an extent of 14.371sq.km.
About Municipality This town is located on the main road of Tiruchirappali - Thanjavur highways at a distance of 25 km from Tiruchirappali and 30 km from Thanjavur. The population of the town as per 2001 census is 35,428. Total No. of Wards is 21, in which 7 Wards are reserved for women and 2 Wards for SC/ST.
Since Sidco Industrial Estate with more than 100 companies in functioning with in the Municipal limit and Bharat Heavy Electrical Limited in located in the Municipal area, as large member of Public and Private employees and merchants working in these companies residing in this town. This Municipality remains to be an important residential and Industrial Town. The Central Government Engineering College of National Institute of Technology, State Government Polytechnic, Government Arts college and State Institute of Hotel Management are located in the Municipal area.
Municipality limit includes following nearby revenue villages.
Some of the landmarks in Thuvakudi are:
- Bharath Heavy Electricals Ltd., one of India's major public-sector undertakings (companies in which the central or state governments have a stake).
- The National Institute of Technology (formerly Regional Engineering College).
- Irrigational Management Institute of India.
- Government Polytechnic College.
- Food Craft Institute (Government)
- Government Arts College.
- TREC-STEP (Tiruchi Regional Engineering College Science and Technology Entrepreneurs Park)
City Educational Institution 
- Panchayat Primary school,Bharathidasan Street, Thuvakudi Malai
- Government Primary School,Ravoothanmedu, Thuvakudi
- Middle School NIT Campus
- Government High School Thuvakudi
- Infant Jesus Middle School Thuvakudi Malai
- This school is being run by Bon secours convent sisters. This is One of the best schools in trichy district .
- Government Arts College Thuvakudi Malai
- National Institute of Technology - Tiruchirapalli
Technical Institutes 
1. The National Institute of Technology (formerly Regional Engineering College) Thuvakudi
The National Institute of Technology at Tiruchirappalli, NIT Trichy, (formerly Regional Engineering College (REC), Trichy) is situated in the heart of Tamil Nadu on the banks of the Kaveri River. NITT is located in Thuvakudi on the Trichy-Tanjore national highway and 17 kilometres from Trichy Railway Junction. National Institute of Technology Trichy is one of the 20 National Institutes of Technology established by the Government of India. Started in 1964 it is a leading engineering institution in the country and has consistently been rated as one of the top engineering schools in the nation. Today, NITT is an autonomous co-educational technological institute, with 10 undergraduate and 22 graduate programs. Undergraduate programs lead to the B.Tech. degrees, while the graduate students and postgraduate students earn M.Tech. and Ph.D. degrees respectively. NITT also has a management and architecture school.
2. TREC-STEP (Tiruchi Regional Engineering College Science and Technology Entrepreneurs Park) Thuvakudi
TREC - STEP is the part of the national initiative to grow knowledge based ventures in our society. Knowledge based industries bring growth, hope and employment for the future of our society. STEP as a conscious mechanism for promoting knowledge based ventures of young science and technology persons, facilitates flow of knowledge, facilities and expertise from the parent educational institution to the emerging entrepreneurs and to the society at large.
TREC - STEP, established in 1986 in the sprawling environs of Regional Engineering College, Tiruchirappalli is the first STEP in the country. It has been continually engaged in promoting a new genre of entrepreneurs and many new initiatives for ushering in technology based growth.
3. Government Polytechnic (GPT) Thuvakudi
4. Foodcraft Institute Thuvakudi
How to reach 
By air 
The nearest airport is at Tiruchirappalli International airport about 25 km from Thuvakudi. Indian Airlines connects Tiruchirappalli with Chennai, Sharjah, Kuwait and Colombo. Air Lanka Service connects Tiruchirappalli with Colombo.
By rail 
The nearest railway station is Trichy Junction, Thiruverumbur.
By road 
Regular bus services are available from all important cities of Tamil Nadu.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.