The Best of Pantera: Far Beyond the Great Southern Cowboys' Vulgar Hits! is a compilation album by the heavy metal band Pantera, released on September 23, 2003, two months before their breakup. The title of the compilation is a combination of the titles of their first four major label albums (Far Beyond Driven, The Great Southern Trendkill, Cowboys from Hell, Vulgar Display of Power). The compilation includes an audio CD of fifteen previously released tracks and one previously unreleased track, plus a DVD with twelve music videos, two of them live. The tracks on the CD include songs from all six major label albums (two from Cowboys from Hell, three from Vulgar Display of Power, four from Far Beyond Driven, one from The Great Southern Trendkill, one from Official Live: 101 Proof, and three from Reinventing the Steel), as well as their cover of Ted Nugent's "Cat Scratch Fever" from the Detroit Rock City soundtrack and their cover of Black Sabbath's "Hole in the Sky" from the Revolution Is My Name EP, all in chronological order. This compilation album reached #38 on the Billboard Top 200 charts and was certified gold by the RIAA in August 2004 and platinum in January 2006.
The International version of Far Beyond the Great Southern Cowboys' Vulgar Hits!, titled Reinventing Hell: The Best of Pantera (combination of the titles of their albums Reinventing the Steel and Cowboys from Hell) is almost identical. It has different artwork and a cardboard slip-over cover. It also has different tracks to its 'US Twin' and available as a standard version or with exactly the same DVD.
All songs written and composed by Pantera unless noted otherwise.
International version (known as Reinventing Hell)
DVD music videos
- "Cowboys from Hell"
- "Psycho Holiday"
- "Cemetery Gates"
- "Mouth for War"
- "This Love"
- "5 Minutes Alone"
- "I'm Broken"
- "Drag the Waters"
- "Domination" [Live]
- "Primal Concrete Sledge" [Live]
- "Revolution Is My Name"
- Phil Anselmo – Vocals
- Dimebag Darrell – Guitar, producer, mixing
- Rex Brown – Bass
- Vinnie Paul – Drums, producer, mixing, engineer
- Matt Lane – Mixing assistant
- Ulrich Wild – Engineer
- Mark McKenna – Art direction
- Sean Beavan – Assistant engineer
- Neil Zlozower – Photography
- Lamont Hyde – Assistant engineer
- Jay Blakesberg – Photography
- Sevie Bates – Art direction
- Sterling Winfield – Producer, engineer, mixing assistant, mixing, assistant engineer
- Steve Woolard – Discographical annotation
- Emily Cagan – Project assistant
- George Desota – Photography
- Kenny Nemes – Project assistant
- Steve Pokorny – Remastering
- Joe Giron – Photography
- Karen Ahmed – Compilation producer
- Valerie Valera – Project assistant
- Randy Perry – Project assistant
- Ginger Dettman – Project assistant
- Hiro Arishima – Liner notes
- Terence Butler – Arranger
- John Atashian – Photography
- Dorothy Stefanski – Editorial supervision
- Ashely Maile – Photography
- Bob King – Photography
- Terry Date – Producer, engineer, mixing
- Kim Davis – Compilation producer
- Dan Hersch – Remastering
- Tony Iommi – Arranger
- Tim Kimsey – Mixing assistant
- Ted Nugent – Arranger
- Ozzy Osbourne – Arranger
- Pantera – Arranger, Producer, mixing
- John Kirkpatrick – Compilation producer
We're sorry, but there's no news about "The Best of Pantera: Far Beyond the Great Southern Cowboys' Vulgar Hits!" right now.
Oops, we seem to be having trouble contacting Twitter
Digplanet also receives support from Searchlight Group.