|This article does not cite any references or sources. (May 2009)|
Edakkadu Market Junction
|• Official||Malayalam, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Pathanamthitta|
|Climate||wet and maritime tropical|
The Aruvikkuzhy Falls is located around 1 kilometre (0.62 mi) from the centre of the village and it is very near to the Sreekrishnaswamy temple. Charalkunnu which is of prominence as a Camp centre/convention centre for both religious groups and political parties, is 2 kilometres (1.2 mi) from the village's centre.
Thadiyoor has the following facilities:
- Primary Health Centre
- Market(Vegetables, Spices, Cashew, Rubber, Coconut, Pepper, Fruits, Fish & Meat)
- Main Post Office
- NSS Higher Secondary School
- Public & Private Libraries
- NSS Teachers Training Institute
- BSNL Telephone Exchange
- Variety of Nationalised, Private & Co-operative Banks
- Churches (Marthoma, Orthodox, Penthecostal etc.)
- Govt LP & UP Schools
- Mission Schools (ICSE & CBSE Syllabus)
- Government Ration Shops
- Hospitals, Clinics & Medicine Shops
- HP Petrol & Diesel Pump
- Two-wheeler and four-wheeler workshops with body maintenance facilities
- Bakeries and snack bars
- Hotels for food and lodges for rooms
- Various service organisations and repair shops
- Various wholesale and retail vendors (rice, wheat, grains and provisions)
Thadiyoor does not have a bus station, a fire station or a police station.
The nearest town to Thadiyoor is Kozhencherry, which is 7 kilometres (4.3 mi) away. Thadiyoor lies 118 kilometres (73 mi) away from Thiruvananthapuram the capital of Kerala & 110 kilometres (68 mi) away from Eranakulam IT HUB of Kerala.
Thadiyoor is the only village with a private market, open on every Wednesday and Saturday in the region.
The main temples in the area include Aruvikkuzi Sreekrishna Swami Kshetram, Palakuzhi SreeKantheshwaram Kshetram, Sree Puthen Sabarimala Dharma shastha Kshetram, Thelliyoor Kavu Devi Kshetram, Thadiyoor Sree Bhagavathi Kshetram, Palolikkavu Devi Kshetram and Malampara Malayacchan Kshetram.
Geographically Thadiyoor is in key position to travel to Thiruvalla, Ranni, Sabarimala (Pamba) and other places.
|This article related to a location in Pathanamthitta district, Kerala, India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|