Xingu may refer to:
- Xingu River, in north Brazil, a southeast tributary of the Amazon
- Xingu peoples, indigenous peoples living near the Xingu River
- Roman Catholic Territorial Prelature of Xingu, located in the area of the Xingu River
- Xingu National Park, located in the state of Mato Grosso, Brazil
- Xingu, a character in James Thurber's children's book The 13 Clocks
- Xingu and Other Stories, a short story collection by Edith Wharton
- Xingu (beer), a Brazilian Schwarzbier produced by the FEMSA beverage company
- Embraer EMB 121 Xingu, a type of aircraft produced by the Brazilian manufacturer Embraer
- Xingu Hill, a project of musician John Sellekaers
- Xingu corydoras, a tropical freshwater fish
- Xingu (film), a 2011 film by director Cao Hamburger
Fri, 19 Dec 2014 05:41:15 -0800
Brazilians Julia Lemmertz (“My Name Ain't Johnny,” “From Beginning To End”), Marcello Antony (“As Brasileiras”) and Maria Flor (“Xingu”) co-star with Erroll Shand (“The Z-Nail Gang”) and Fionnula Flanagan (“Yes,” “Four Brothers”). Produced by Joao Roni ...
Brazil Business Today (subscription)
Mon, 15 Dec 2014 23:52:30 -0800
By the Great Bend of the Xingu river in the depths of Amazonia, the Juruna tribe is being drowned by what seems at first sight to be a flood of TV game-show prizes. There's a shiny new motorboat moored by the old canoe, the latest four-wheel drive ...
Thu, 27 Nov 2014 14:17:05 -0800
O Ministério Público do Estado do Pará (MPPA) pediu o afastamento do prefeito de Vitória do Xingu, Erivando Oliveira Amaral, em uma ação penal pelos crimes de corrupção cometidos na administração municipal. Além do prefeito, a ação pede o ...
Fri, 21 Nov 2014 02:18:45 -0800
O Projeto Pacto Xingu para Redução do Desmatamento encerrou as atividades com um seminário de balanço em São Félix do Xingu, sudeste do Pará, ao qual compareceram autoridades do governo federal, estadual, municipal e de organismos ...
Mon, 15 Dec 2014 23:52:30 -0800
The construction of Brazil's biggest hydroelectric dam in Belo Monte, in the Xingu river basin, will cause major upheaval for the Juruna tribe. For three decades the indigenous people have fought developers over the Amazonian project but to no avail.
New York Times
Thu, 13 Mar 2014 19:56:59 -0700
A gripping account of a collision of cultures, “Xingu” tells the inspiring true story of the three Villas Bôas brothers, who became the leading advocates for Brazil's Amazonian Indians, an effort that culminated in the founding of a mammoth tribal ...
Tue, 25 Nov 2014 09:03:02 -0800
BELEM, Brazil (RNS) The largest Roman Catholic geographical district in Brazil, located deep in the Amazon along the Xingu River, has more than 800 Catholic congregations but only 27 priests. Bishop Erwin Krautler, prelate of Xingu (pronounced Shin-goo ...
Sun, 14 Dec 2014 08:44:53 -0800
I went on a fact-finding mission to Xingu and the Madeira Rivers in 2012. The dams will impact hundreds of tribes; tens of thousands of people. I published a report on the Huffington Post, titled, 'Belo Monte: An Environmental Crime.' I urge you to ...
Oops, we seem to be having trouble contacting Twitter
Digplanet also receives support from Searchlight Group.