||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2012)|
|Born||Thiruvalla, Kerala, India|
|Years active||1986– present|
Blessy learned his trade as an assistant director with filmmakers such as Padmarajan and Lohithadas. He scripted and directed his debut movie Kaazcha in 2004. Kaazcha portrayed the story of an orphaned boy, a victim of Gujarat earthquake and how he changes the life of a small-town film operator (played by Mammootty) and his family. The film won three Kerala State Film Awards including Best Film and Best Actor for Mammootty.
His next movie was Thanmathra (2005), which depicted the story of a middle-class government employee (played by Mohanlal) and his family, and portrayed the effects of Alzheimer's disease on his life and his family. The film won Blessy National Award for the Best Feature Film in Malayalam and five Kerala State Film Awards including Best Film, Best Director, Best Screenplay and Best Actor for Mohanlal.
Blessy's next venture had Mammootty in Palunku (2006), followed by Calcutta News (2008), starring Dileep and Meera Jasmine, went on to be marginal hits. Bhramaram (2009), which had Mohanlal once again in the lead role was another successful movie. It was a story of Revenge against those that falsely accuse a man of murder and ruin his life.His latest film is Pranayam, released on 31 August 2011 which includes once again Mohanlal along with Anupam Kher, and Jaya Prada.
|Year||Film||Language||Role(s)||Cast||National Awards||Kerala State Film Awards||Notes|
|2004||Kaazhcha||Malayalam||Writer, director||Mammootty, Padmapriya, Manoj K. Jayan, Innocent||3||Malayalam Cinema Debut.|
|2005||Thanmathra||Malayalam||Writer, director||Mohanlal, Meera Vasudevan, Nedumudi Venu, Jagathy Sreekumar||1||5|
|2006||Palunku||Malayalam||Writer, director||Mammootty, Lakshmi Sharma, Jagathy Sreekumar|
|2008||Calcutta News||Malayalam||Writer, director||Dileep, Meera Jasmine, Indrajith, Innocent, Bindu Panicker||2|
|2009||Bhramaram||Malayalam||Writer, director||Mohanlal, Bhumika Chawla, Murali Gopy, Suresh Menon, Lakshmi Gopalaswamy||1|
|2011||Pranayam||Malayalam||Writer, director||Mohanlal, Anupam Kher, Jaya Prada||1|
|2013||Kalimannu||Malayalam||Writer, director||Biju Menon, Shweta Menon||
- 2011: Best Director – Pranayam
- 2005: Best Director – Thanmathra
- 2005: Best Screen Play – Thanmathra
- 2004: Best Film with Popular appeal & Aesthetic quality -Kaazhcha
- 2004: Best Debutant Director – Kaazhcha
- 2006: Kalavedi International Prathibha Award Best Film Maker – Thanmathra
- 2005: Kalavedi International Prathibha Award Best Film Maker – Kaazhcha
- 2005: 15th Ramu Kariat Award instituted by Arya-Thrissivaperoor for Kaazhcha
- Ramachandran, Mythily (4 October 2012). "Southern Spice: Blessy lets his films do the talking". Gulf News. Retrieved 27 October 2012.
- "The 59th Idea Filmfare Awards 2011(South)". The Times of India. 8 July 2012. Retrieved 8 July 2012.
- Blessy at the Internet Movie Database
- 'Cinema of Malayalam' profile
-  Zooming in on love: An Interview with Blessy
-  A review on Kaazcha
- An Interview with Blessy by Paresh on Rediff.com