- Main lines in use: 18,000 (2012)
- Mobile/cellular: 209,000 (2012)
- Domestic: Djibouti Telecom is the sole provider of telecommunications services and utilizes mostly a microwave radio relay network; fiber-optic cable is installed in the capital; rural areas connected via wireless local loop radio systems; mobile cellular coverage is primarily limited to the area in and around Djibouti city
- International: country code - 253
- SEA-ME-WE 3 submarine cable to Jeddah, Suez, Sicily, Marseille, Colombo, and Singapore
- satellite earth stations - 1 Intelsat (Indian Ocean) and 1 Arabsat
- Medarabtel regional microwave radio relay telephone network
Maintains restrictions on the licensing and operation of broadcast media; state-owned Radiodiffusion-Television de Djibouti (RTD) operates the sole terrestrial TV station as well as the only 2 domestic radio networks; no private TV or radio stations; transmissions of several international broadcasters are available (2007)
Internet hosts: 215 (2012)
- Internet country code: .dj
- Djibouti, from CIA - The World Factbook. Accessed February 2009.
- Africa Internet Facebook Usage and Population Statistics - internetworldstats.com
|This Djibouti-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
A portion of the proceeds from advertising on Digplanet goes to supporting Wikipedia.