|Turbo-Finist SMG used for skydiving|
|Role||Light utility transport|
|First flight||28 December 1993|
|Number built||about 30|
The Technoavia SM92 Finist is a utility aircraft with a STOL capability, designed by the Russian company Technoavia. The maiden flight was on December 28, 1993. It is built by the Smolensk Aviation Plant.
- SM92 Finist
- Basic version, powered by 270 kW (360 hp) Vedeneyev M14P radial engine.
- SM92P Finist
- Armed version for Border guard duties. Two fixed forward firing PK machine guns and one inside cabin firing through open cabin doors and two rocket launchers.
- SM-92T Turbo Finist
- Version powered by Walter M601 turboprop engine.
- SMG-92 Turbine Finist
- Walter M601 powered version built in Slovakia by Aerotech Slovakia for use in skydiving.
- Zlin Z400
- Version powered by Orenda OE600 V-8 engine, planned to be built by Moravan Otrokovice in the Czech Republic. One built.
Data from Brassey's World Aircraft & Systems Directory 1999/2000
- Crew: 1
- 6 passengers or
- 2 stretchers plus attendant
- 600 kg (1,323 lb) cargo
- Length: 9.13 m (29 ft 11½ in)
- Wingspan: 14.60 m (47 ft 11 in)
- Height: 3.08 m (10 ft 1 in)
- Wing area: 20.44 m² (220 sq ft)
- Airfoil: P-301M
- Aspect ratio: 10.43
- Empty weight: 1,430 kg (3,153 lb)
- Loaded weight: 2,350 kg (5,181 lb)
- Max. takeoff weight: 2,350 kg (5,181 lb)
- Powerplant: 1 × Vedeneyev M14P nine-cylinder radial engine, 269 kW (360 hp)
- Never exceed speed: 290 km/h (156 knots, 180 mph)
- Maximum speed: 230 km/h (124 knots, 143 mph)
- Cruise speed: 200 km/h (108 knots, 124 mph)
- Stall speed: 100 km/h (54 knots, 62 mph) flaps down
- Range: 1,380 km (744 nmi, 857 mi) max fuel, 40 minutes reserves
- Service ceiling: 3,000 m (9,840 ft)
- Rate of climb: 5.0 m/s (984 ft/min)
- Taylor 1999, p.481.
- Koslov, Dimitry. "Линии по производству самолетов Як-18Т и СМ-92 сохраняются в Смоленске". (In Russian). AviaPort.ru. 14 February 2012. Retrieved 5 January 2013.
- Taylor 1999, p.482.
- Technoavia SM-92T Turbo Finist. Airframer. Retrieved 29 November 2009.
- Technoavia SP-91. Yak UK. Retrieved 29 November 2009.
- Soukup, Pavel. Zlin Z-400. letectvi.wz.cz. Retrieved 29 November 2009.
- Hopkins, Harry. "Flight Test:Russian Workhorse". Flight International, 3–9 August 1994. pp. 32–34.
- Taylor, Michael J.H. Brassey's World Aircraft & Systems Directory 1999/2000. London:Brassey's, 1999. ISBN 1-85723-254-7.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to SM-92 Turbo Finist.|
- Finist at flugzeuginfo.net
- Finist at airliners.net
- Turbo-Finist SM-92T at mga.ru
- СМ-92 Финист at airwar.ru (Russian)
- Technoavia SM92 Finist at utility-aircraft.com
This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia. A portion of the proceeds from advertising on Digplanet goes to supporting Wikipedia.