In 1956, the barrios of Tangcal, Berowar, Pangao, Tawinian, Lumbac, Lawigadato, Somyorang, Bayabao, Pilingkingan, Ramain, Bagigicon, Lamaosa, Meladoc Big and Meladoc Small and Rarab, then part of Kolambugan was constituted into the municipal district of Tangcal.
It is located about 51 kilometers in the southwest of Iligan City, the progressive industrial center of Region X. Geographically, Tangcal is bounded by the municipalities of Tubod, Magsaysay and Maigo on the North, Munai on the East, Nunungan on the South and Magsaysay on the West.
Tangcal is politically subdivided into 18 barangays.
- "An Act Creating the Municipal District of Tangcal in the Province of Lanao". LawPH.com. Retrieved 2011-04-12.
- Official site of Tangcal
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- 2000 Philippine Census Information
- 2007 Philippine Census Information
- Local Governance Performance Management System
A portion of the proceeds from advertising on Digplanet goes to supporting Wikipedia.