|Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani|
|Crown Prince of Qatar|
|Crown Prince Tamim in 2009|
|Spouse||1) Jawaher bint Hamad bin Suhaim
2) Anoud bint Mana Al-Hajri
|House||House of Thani|
|Father||Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani|
|Mother||Mozah bint Nasser Al Missned|
3 June 1980 |
Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad bin Khalifa Al-Thani, Crown Prince of Qatar (Arabic: الشيخ تميم بن حمد آل ثاني; born on 3 June 1980) is the current heir apparent to the throne of the State of Qatar. He is the fourth son of the Emir of Qatar, Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani, and the second child of the Emir with his second wife, Sheikha Mozah bint Nasser Al Missned.
Education and career 
Sheikh Tamim was educated at Harrow and Sherborne School (Sherborne, England) where he received his A Levels in 1997. Subsequently he went to Harrow School in Middlesex, and then to the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst (Camberley, United Kingdom) where he graduated in 1998. He was commissioned as 2nd-Lieutenant of the Qatar Armed Forces in 1998.
He has a number of posts including
- Head of the Qatar Olympic Committee.
- Member of the International Olympic Committee.
- Head of the Doha 2020 Olympic bid committee
- Head of the Upper Council of the Environment and Natural Sanctuaries.
- Chairman of the Supreme Council for the Environment and Natural Reserves.
- Chairman of the Supreme Education Council.
- Chairman of the Supreme Council of Information and Communication Technology.
- Chairman of the Board of Directors of Public Works Authority (Ashghal) and the Urban Planning and Development Authority (UPDA).
- Chairman of the Board of Directors of Qatar Investment Authority.
- Chairman of the Board of Regents of Qatar University.
- Chairman of the Doha Asian Games Organising Committee (DAGOC) in 2006.
- Deputy Commander-in-Chief of the Qatar Armed Forces.
- Deputy Chairman of the Ruling Family Council.
- Vice President of the Supreme Council for Economic Affairs and Investment.
- Deputy Chairman of the High Committee for Coordination and Follow Up.
- Member of "Sports for All"
- He has also participated in a number of regional and international conferences and accompanied the Emir to a number of official visits to countries.
He became the new heir apparent of Qatar on 5 August 2003, after his elder brother Sheikh Jasim renounced his rights in favour of Sheikh Tamim.
Marriage and children 
On 8 January 2005 at Al-Wajbah Palace H.H. Sheikh Tamim married his 2nd cousin, H.H. Sheikha Jawaher bint Hamad bin Suhaim al-Thani, daughter of H.E. Sheikh Hamad bin Suhaim Al Thani (with whom he shares a great-grandfather H.E. Sheikh Hamad bin Abdullah Al Thani). They have three children, one son and two daughters:
- H.E. Sheikha Almayassa bint Tamim Al Thani (born 2006)
- H.E. Sheikh Hamad bin Tamim Al Thani (born 2008)
- H.E. Sheikha Aisha bint Tamim Al Thani (born 2010)
Sheikh Tamim has a second wife, H.H. Sheikha Anoud bint Mana Al-Hajri, who he married on 3 March 2009. She is the daughter of H.E. Mana bin Abdul Hadi Al-Hajri, sometime Qatari Ambassador to Jordan. Together they have two children, a daughter and a son:
- H.E. Sheikha Nayla bint Tamim Al Thani (born 2010)
- H.E. Sheikh Abdullah bin Tamim Al Thani (born 29 September 2012)
Titles, styles and honours 
|Monarchical styles of
The Crown Prince of Qatar
|Reference style||His Highness|
|Spoken style||Your Highness|
Titles and styles 
- Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani (1980–1995)
- His Excellency Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani (1995–2003)
- His Highness Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, Crown Prince of Qatar (2003–present)
- Member Distinguished Class of the Order of Khalifa (Bahrain, 2004)
- Grand Officer of the Legion of Honour (France, 2010)
- Necklace of Merit (since his appointment as Heir Apparent, Qatar, 2003)
- Collar of the Order of Zayed (United Arab Emirates, 2005)
- OCA Award of Merit (Olympic Council of Asia, 2007)
- Best Sport Personality in the Arab World in 2006 (by vote in the popular Egyptian newspaper Al Ahram)
- Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahayan Medal (United Arab Emirates, 2004)
- Sheikh Essa Bin Salman Al Khalifa Medal (Kingdom of Bahrain, 2004)
- "Sheikh Tamim's biography". Qatar News Agency.
- "Sheikh Tamim's achievements". Qatar Embassy.
- HH the Heir Apparent’s wife attends "Homeland of Freedom And Peace" operetta - website of the Qatari newspaper The Peninsula
Tamim bin Hamad Al ThaniBorn: 3 June 1980
||Line of succession to the Qatari throne
A portion of the proceeds from advertising on Digplanet goes to supporting Wikipedia.