|Time zone||Pacific (PST) (UTC-8)|
|• Summer (DST)||PDT (UTC-7)|
According to Oregon Geographic Names, the community was named for a Swiss family in the area, the Zweidlers. Swisshome post office was established in 1902. The Coos Bay branch of the Central Oregon and Pacific Railroad passes through Swisshome.
- National Register of Historical Places - Lane County, Oregon. Accessed June 2010.
- Unreferenced Swisshome information from a Tripod website (has pop-ups)
- Swisshome blog focused on observations of river, weather, railroad, wildlife, local lore
- February 2007 photos of Wildcat Creek Bridge
- Historic photo of Deadwood Creek Bridge from Oregon Department of Transportation
|This Lane County, Oregon state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|