||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (June 2014)|
||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (June 2014)|
||This article's tone or style may not reflect the encyclopedic tone used on Wikipedia. (June 2014)|
A promotional logo image of "Ssshhhh...Koi Hai".
|Directed by||Kaushik Ghatak, Pavan S. Kaul, Nitin Kakkar, Govind Agrawal, Suraj Rao, Vinod Manikrao.|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of seasons||3|
|No. of episodes||Season 1 - 154
Season 2 - 221
Season 3 - 18
|Running time||Approx. 45 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Season 1 - Cinevistaas Limited
Season 2 & 3 - Contiloe Entertainment
|Original channel||Season 1 - Star Plus
Season 2 & 3 - Star One
|Picture format||480i (SDTV)|
|Original run||27 July 2001 – 16 May 2010|
Ssshhhh...Koi Hai was an Indian thriller/horror television series, directed by Kaushik Ghatak and produced by Abhimanyu Singh for Star Plus. The series, which premiered on 27 July 2001, ran for three seasons, ending on 16 May 2010, with a total of more than 350 episodes produced.
Season 1: 2002-2004
The initial season of the show started on 27 July, 2001 airing its first episode. This season was relayed as individual episodes, each with a length of 40-45 minutes aired every Friday at 10 PM IST. The narratives of the episodes were mostly mythical accounts of evil spirits, wizards or any devilish being, presented under some indicative titles. This season came to an end on 13 August 2004.
- Mamik Singh / Salil Ankola as Vikraal
- Reshma Khan / Sonali Malhotra as Lily
- KK Goswami as Gabroo
- Shakti Anand / Manav Gohil / Jiten Lalwani as Captain Kishan
- Neha Devi Singh as Sameera/Bijli
- Tom Alter as Mritunjay
- Vishnu Sharma as Satyacharya
- Nandini Singh as Nandini
- Shahbaaz Khan as Mayakaal
Season 2: 2006-2009
The second season was titled Ssshhhh...Phir Koi Hai, which premiered on Star Plus' sister channel Star One on 3 November 2006 weekly on every Friday at 10 PM IST. On 14 December 2007, the season aired twice a week on every Friday and Saturday. On 22 August 2009, the season went off air due to the decreasing TRP ratings of this show. Govind Agrawal won the Best Director (Horror/Thriller) at the Indian Telly Awards 2007.
Season 3: 2010
Ssshhhh...Phir Koi Hai 3 was the third and the final season, which was telecast on 19 March 2010 bi-weekly on every Friday and Saturday at 10 PM IST. On 10 April 2010, the season shifted to every Saturday and Sunday. The series wrapped up on 16 May 2010.
The series' first and second seasons received positive critical reception. Third season got mostly negative reviews. The premiere episode of the second season received with a rating of 2.68, making Ssshhhh...Phir Koi Hai one of the most successful shows on Star One.
- "On Fridays entertainment, on Sundays devotion is the Star Plus credo". Indian Television. Retrieved 28 July 2001.
- "Star One whispers Shhh...!". Tellychakkar. Retrieved 4 November 2006.
- "Ssshhh….Phir Koi Hai to go off air". Tellychakkar. Retrieved 18 July 2009.
- "Past...Shhh...Phir Koi Hai! returns on Star One". Tellychakkar. Retrieved 6 February 2010.
- "Naman to kill 'witch' Gauri in Phir Koi Hai 3". Tellychakkar. Retrieved 5 May 2010.
- "Star One's 'Shhh... Phir Koi Hai' premieres with a rating of 2.68". Indian Television. Retrieved 15 November 2006.