|Royal Consort to the Crown Prince of Thailand|
|Princess Srirasm in 2007|
|House||House of Mahidol (by marriage)
|Father||Mr. Aphirut Akharapongpreecha|
|Mother||Mrs. Wanthanee Akharapongpreecha|
9 December 1971 |
Samut Songkhram, Thailand
|Thai Royal Family|
Princess Srirasm of Thailand (Thai: พระเจ้าวรวงศ์เธอ พระองค์เจ้าศรีรัศมิ์ พระวรชายาในสมเด็จพระบรมโอรสาธิราชฯ สยามมกุฎราชกุมาร; Thai pronunciation: [sǐ.rát]; RTGS: —Si Rat—; Literal: "HRH Princess Srirasm, the Royal Consort to the Crown Prince of Thailand"), or Srirasm, Princess of Thailand, (born Srirasm Akharapongpreecha, 9 December 1971; Thai: ศรีรัศมิ์ อัครพงศ์ปรีชา; RTGS: Sirat Akkharaphongpricha) is the consort of Crown Prince Maha Vajiralongkorn. Born to a family of modest means, she entered the service of the Crown Prince at the age of 22. She married the crown prince in February 2001.
HRH Princess Srirasm was born in Samut Songkhram Province to a family of modest means. She was the third child of Aphirut (Thai: อภิรุจ) and Wanthanee (Thai: วันทนีย์) Akharaphongpreecha. She has four siblings. She attended college at Bangkok Business College and 1993, at age 22, entered the service of Vajiralongkorn as a "lady-in-waiting". Srirasm enrolled in Sukhothai Thammathirat Open University in 1997 and graduated in 2002 with a bachelor’s degree in management science. Vajiralongkorn personally bestowed her with her diploma. In 2007 she received a Master of Arts degree in Home Economics from Kasetsart University.
Marriage and family
HRH Princess Srirasm married the Crown Prince of Thailand on 10 February 2001 in a private ceremony at the prince's Nonthaburi Palace. The public was informed of the event some time afterwards. The prince, who had married twice before and has children with his previous wives, stated it was his intention to settle down: “I am now 50 years old and think I should have a complete family.” After the wedding, Srirasm was styled Mom Srirasm Mahidol na Ayudhya (Mahidol is the surname of King Bhumibol Adulyadej and King Ananda Mahidol, and the na Ayudhya designation signifies non-titled descendants of the Chakri Dynasty.
On Valentines Day, 14 February 2005, it was announced that Srirasm was pregnant. On 29 April 2005, a son named Dipangkorn Rasmijoti was born via caesarean section at Siriraj Hospital. Because of the birth, she was granted by King Bhumibol Adulyadej the title "princess of Thailand" and style "Her Royal Highness" as the royal consort of Crown Prince Maha Vajiralongkorn. A royal ceremony, called "Phra Ratchaphithi Somphot Duan Lae Khuen Phra U," to celebrate the first month of the baby was held on 17 June 2005 at the Anantasamakom Throne Hall in Bangkok.
On 12 November 2009, a home video was released to Wikileaks showing Vajiralongkorn and a topless Princess Srirasm celebrating the birthday of the Prince's poodle dog. Part of this video was broadcast on the 'Foreign Correspondent' programme on the Australian ABC TV channel on 13 April 2010, as part of a half-hour documentary critical of the Royal family of Thailand.
Princess Srirasm of Thailand
|Reference style||Her Royal Highness|
|Spoken style||Your Royal Highness|
- Ms. Srirasm Akharaphongpreecha (9 December 1971 - 10 February 2001)
- Mom Srirasm Mahidol na Ayudhaya (10 February 2001 - 15 June 2005)
- Her Royal Highness Princess Srirasm, Consort of the Crown Prince (15 June 2005 - present)
- Dame Grand Cross (First Class) of The Most Illustrious Order of Chula Chom Klao
- Dame Grand Cordon (Special Class) of The Most Exalted Order of the White Elephant
- Dame Grand Cordon (Special Class) of The Most Noble Order of the Crown of Thailand
- King Rama IX Royal Cypher Medal (First Class)
- "Simplicity, warmth win hearts," The Nation
- Princess Srirasm with Dharma (Thai)
- The Office of His Majesty's Principal Private Secretary, Thailand (Thai)
- Siam Thurakit newspaper, สายธารอันยิ่งใหญ่แห่งเจ้าชายน้อย, 16 สิงหาคม พ.ศ.2549 (Thai)
- "Simplicity, warmth win hearts," The Nation
- "พระราชพิธีสมโภชเดือนและขึ้นพระอู่ พระเจ้าหลานเธอ พระองค์เจ้าทีปังกรรัศมีโชติ" (Thai). Thai News
- "A chronicle of a Prince", The Nation
"The Royal Family and people across the entire Kingdom yesterday celebrated the first birthday of HRH Prince Dipangkorn Rasmijoti, the son of Crown Prince Maha Vajiralongkorn.", The Nation via Thai Parliament web.
- "Princess visits family project". The Nation. 4 August 2006. Retrieved 30 July 2011.
- http://mirror.wikileaks.info/wiki/Suppressed_video_of_Thai_Crown_Prince_and_Princess_at_decadent_dog_party/[dead link]
- "Princess clears the shelves in antiques raid: Thai royal spends EIGHT HOURS - and at least £20,000 - buying treasures at arcade (and carries them off in 15-car convoy)". Daily Mail.
- The Government Public Relations Department | Grand Celebrations for the Birth
- Simplicity, warmth win hearts
- Op Die Knieen met ëen taartje
|Order of precedence|
|The Royal Consort
to the Crown Prince
The Princess Mother
of the King's First Grandchild