Spinifex may refer to:
- Spinifex (genus), a genus of grass which is indigenous to the coastal areas of Australasia and Indonesia
- Triodia (plant), a hummock grass of arid Australia, covering twenty percent of the Australian continent (although not technically Spinifex, it is commonly referred to as such)
- Spinifex hopping mouse, a mouse native to the central and western Australian arid zones
- Spinifex people, or Pila Nguru, an Australian tribe named after the grass
- Spinifex, a texture in certain ultramafic lavas such as komatiite
- Spinifex pigeon (Geophaps plumifera), a bird found in Australia
- Spinifex Ridge, a mine in Australia
- Spinifexbird (Eremiornis carteri), a bird found in Australia
Sydney Morning Herald
Sydney Morning Herald
Sun, 28 Jun 2015 22:23:27 -0700
Swiss pharmaceutical giant Novartis International has agreed to pay $US200 million ($261.83 million) upfront and committed up to an additional $US500 million in milestone payments to acquire Australian drug developer Spinifex Pharma. The deal has ...
Tue, 30 Jun 2015 22:45:58 -0700
Spinifex was founded in 2005 at the University of Queensland, and shortly afterwards snapped up a Series A round from the likes of UniSeed, UniQuest and GBS Venture Partners. Research from accounting firm William Buck suggests strong market ...
Wed, 01 Jul 2015 08:52:37 -0700
Novartis AG ADR (NYSE:NVS) recently announced that it will soon be acquiring a US-Australian biotech company called Spinifex Pharmaceuticals. It is expected that this new addition will prove itself immensely beneficial to the pain management sector of ...
Global University Venturing
Sun, 28 Jun 2015 23:27:59 -0700
A chronic pain treatment discovered at The University of Queensland is a step closer to clinical use, with a global pharmaceutical giant acquiring the Australian-founded company developing the drug. Spinifex Pharmaceuticals has been acquired by ...
Mon, 29 Jun 2015 05:00:21 -0700
Novartis has agreed to acquire Spinifex Pharmaceuticals in a $200 million deal. The company is working on neuropathic pain treatments, including a Phase 2 drug to treat a painful condition associated with Shingles. Neuropathic pain remedies have had ...
Winnipeg Free Press
Mon, 29 Jun 2015 01:03:45 -0700
Switzerland's Novartis buys US-based biotech firm Spinifex Pharmaceuticals for undisclosed sum. By: The Associated Press Posted: 06/29/2015 3:05 AM | Comments: Tweet; Post; Reddit; ShareThis; Print; Email. BERLIN - Swiss drug manufacturer Novartis ...
Mon, 29 Jun 2015 08:11:15 -0700
4:00 PM Frankfurt – Deutsche Boerse is in talks with Six Group to acquire the remaining stakes in Stoxx and Indexium for 650 million Swiss francs. BMW in a consortium plans to bid for Australia and New Zealand Banking Group''s car and equipment loan ...
Sun, 26 Jul 2015 14:56:15 -0700
Western Australian Herbarium researcher Terry Macfarlane was chatting to a colleague who mentioned an unusual patch of spinifex (Poaceae) on a new Mid West conservation reserve. The spinifex in question grew on the borders of Karara and Lochada ...
Oops, we seem to be having trouble contacting Twitter
Digplanet also receives support from Searchlight Group.