Theatrical movie poster
|Directed by||Andoy Ranay|
|Distributed by||GMA Films|
Sosy Problems is a Filipino comedy film produced by GMA Films and directed by Andoy Ranay. It stars Rhian Ramos, Heart Evangelista, Solenn Heussaff, and Bianca King. The film is one of the eight official entries of the 2012 Metro Manila Film Festival which began on December 25, 2012.
Background and development
The film was first announced on May 7, 2012 through GMA Network as they plan to release new films monthly. The original casts that was first revealed in Philippine Star was composed of Solenn Heussaff, Isabelle Daza, Bianca King while the leading men happened to be Aljur Abrenica and Mikael Daez. The newest kapuso star, Benjamin Alves was the latest addition to the cast after signing an exclusive contract to GMA Network and GMA Films. Director Mark Reyes was supposed to direct the film because Dominic Zapata was busy with the Boy Pick-Up: The Movie, but in May, Director Reyes was replaced by Andoy Ranay. The script was submitted to the Metro Manila Development Authority to be reviewed as potential Film Fest entry. On June, the film becomes one of the 8 official entries to the 2012 Metro Manila Film Festival. It will have its regular screening starting December 25, 2012. On September, director Andoy Ranay changed the title from Coño Problems to Sosy Problems.
In the movie, Rhian Ramos plays Lizzie, the spoiled-rich daughter of a hotelier who is a self-appointed leader of the Sosy group; Bianca King portrays Danielle, the daughter of a politician who is on the brink of being impeached from office; Solenn Heussaff is Margaux, the daughter of the former beauty queen (Cherie Gil) and the bestfriend and half sister of Claudia (Heart Evangelista) who is also the daughter of a beauty queen (Agot Isidro). Margaux and Claudia were competing one another from beauty to the only man they see who is Benjo (Aljur Abrenica), an all-around employee at the Polo Club.
Their main problem, however, is that their favorite hangout place, The Polo Club, which reminds them of all the memories of their “firsts” in life – including their first kisses and love affairs – is in danger of being torn down and replaced with a mall that is not so much for the rich and famous: in other words, not a “sosy” mall.
The “sosy” ladies will do everything they can in order to stop the Polo Club owners from pursuing their plans, and they will risk everything—even their poise and glamour—to achieve their goal.
The films official trailer was released on GMA Network's YouTube account on December 10, 2012.
- Rhian Ramos as Lizzie Consunji
- Heart Evangelista as Claudia Ortega
- Solenn Heussaff as Margaux Bertrand
- Bianca King as Danielle Alvarez
- Aljur Abrenica as Benjo
- Alden Richards as Iñaki
- Mikael Daez as Santiago Elizalde
- Ruffa Gutierrez as Luca
- Mikey Bustos as Denmark
- Tim Yap as Jamie Yap
- Barbie Forteza as Becca
- Kristofer Martin as Ismael
- Andres Vasquez as Jomar
- Mylene Dizon as Bernice
- Ricky Davao as Sebastian Alvarez
- Maritoni Fernandez as Dada
- Cherie Gil as Martina Bertrand
- Agot Isidro as Glory Ortega
- Johnny Revilla as Gabriel Consunji
- Nova Villa as Patria
- Lexi Fernandez as Stef
- Bianca Pulmano as Ana
- Karen Santiago as Ella
- Conyo Problems "in" for MMFF 2012 The Philippine Star. Retrieved 06-17-2012.
- Cono Problems for MMFF Philippine Star. Retrieved June 14, 2012
- GMA Films gagawa pa ng maraming pelikula Philippine Star. Retrieved 06-27-2012.
- Benjamin Alves for Cono roblem Yahoo Philippines. Entertainment News. Retrieved 06-27-2012.
- MMFF Entries announced Manila Bulettin Online. Retrieved 06-27-2012.
- Networks dominate MMFF 2012 line-up Philippine Daily Inquirer – Entertainment. Retrieved 06-27-2012.
- MMFF entry ng GMA Films, puro inglisan! Philippine Star. Retrieved 09-17-2012
- on YouTube
- GMA New Media, Inc.. "‘It’ girls rock the silver screen via GMA Films’ Metro Manila Film Festival entry Sosy Problems". gmanetwork.com.
- Check out at the cast of 'Sosy Problems' GMA Network. Retrieved 10-11-2012