April 18, 1986 |
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Sneha Kapoor (born April 18, 1986 in Bangalore, India) is an Indian salsa dancer, choreographer, and instructor. She is popularly known as "The Indian Salsa Princess". Now living in Mumbai, she began her career with a dance company in Bangalore. It was the beginning of a career that embraced different dance forms like salsa, Bachata, merengue, Jive, hip-hop, adagio and Bollywood.
Sneha Kapoor originally be an athlete, but because of some causes after she met Richard Tholoor she decided to become a dancer instead, joining Lourd Vijay's dance studio in Bangalore. During her tenure at the school, Kapoor and her dance partner Tholoor won several awards and trophies in salsa championships across the world. Kapoor broke a Guinness World Record for "Most Number of Swing Dance Flips in a Minute". The record of 33 flips in a minute was set four years ago in the UK, but Kapoor and her team of three dancers set the new record at 39 flips.
She participated in Dance India Dance Season 3 and did extremely well but was eliminated on January 22, 2012.
Kapoor has choreographed for the reality shows Just Dance and Perfect Bride. She also choreographed the South Indian movie, Jugaari and Madhur Bhandarkar's film, Heroine. She performs and teaches dance workshops nationally and internationally.
- 2007, Winner of the Australian Salsa Classic, Sydney
- 2007, Winner of the European Salsa Masters, UK 
- 2007, 1st Runner Up at the Asian Open Salsa Championships, Hong Kong
- 2007, Semi-finalist at the ESPN World Salsa Championships, Orlando Florida
- Dance India Dance Season 3 Top 20 Finalist
- Tabassum, Ayesha (2012-04-23). "Rhythm in moves". Deccan Chronicle. Retrieved 2012-05-06.
- "A Salsa extravaganza!". Rediff News. 2008-08-19. Retrieved 2012-05-06.
- "Salsa classes by Lourd". Metro Plus (The Hindu). 2007-11-03. Retrieved 2012-05-06.