The Slinger is a Midwestern diner specialty typically consisting of two eggs, hash browns, and a hamburger patty (or any other meat) all covered in chili con carne (with or without beans) and generously topped with cheese (cheddar or American) and onions. The eggs can be any style. The Slinger is considered to be a St. Louis late-night culinary original. It is described as "a hometown culinary invention: a mishmash of meat, hash-fried potatoes, eggs, and chili, sided with your choice of ham, sausage, bacon, hamburger patties, or an entire T-bone steak.
There are numerous variations of the basic Slinger:
- "Top One": Has a tamale served on top of the Slinger.
- "Vegetarian": Uses veggie burgers and veggie chili.
- "The Toby"/"The Hoosier": Slinger that has white gravy instead of chili. (Named after a customer at Tiffany's Original Diner.)
- "Yin and Yang": Slinger covered in half chili/half gravy. A customer favorite at Tiffany's Original Diner, and named by manager Tom Gray. (The Yin Yang is both light and dark in color.)
- "The Jared": Slinger with equal amounts of chili and white
- "The JP Slinger": Slinger with hamburger patty, extra onions and extra chili.
- Saint Louis cuisine
- Garbage Plate, the Rochester, NY area style plate piled with diner type foods
- Horseshoe sandwich, Springfield, IL open-faced sandwich covered with fries and cheese sauce
- Hot hamburger plate, an open-faced sandwich covered with fries and gravy
- Cincinnati chili, a Midwestern-style of chili often served piled high
- Loco Moco, Hawaiian dish with many foods served on rice
- Poutine, a Quebec dish, made with french fries, topped with brown gravy and curd cheese.
- ^ Cheap Eats - - Calendar - St. Louis - Riverfront Times
Wed, 16 Apr 2014 13:03:45 -0700
Andrew Garfield has made no bones about his affection for Spider-Man, the character he plays once more next month in The Amazing Spider-Man 2. Now, the actor is using some colorful ways to describe both the superhero and his alter ego, Peter Parker.
Beaver Dam Daily Citizen
Sun, 13 Apr 2014 20:03:06 -0700
SLINGER | Tiffany Killam had 14 strikeouts over two games for Waupun as the Warriors completed a softball doubleheader sweep of Slinger on Saturday afternoon. In game one, the Warriors trailed 5-2 after three innings thanks to a five-run third by the Owls.
Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
Wed, 26 Mar 2014 21:27:30 -0700
Slinger coach Russ Hermann isn't sure why there was a dry spell when it came to crowning an area girl as state champion in the shot put. But he's glad the Owls' Kiley Sabin put an end to it. Sabin, a senior, won the Division 1 state title in the event ...
Thu, 27 Mar 2014 12:50:55 -0700
Here's Andrew Garfield And Emma Stone Talking About Spider-Man's 'Web-Slinger'. By Jack Curley / 03.27.14. The Amazing Spider-man 2. Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone on Australia's "The Project". Via YouTube. Pictured: Emma Stone finally realizing ...
Virtual-Strategy Magazine (press release)
Thu, 27 Mar 2014 00:07:30 -0700
The “Tech Slinger” mobile device holster was featured on NewsWatch as part of its 2014 Consumer Electronic Show Wrap Up, which took a look at the latest and coolest technology showcased at the trade show. Scott Steinberg, a guest host of NewsWatch ...
Wed, 26 Mar 2014 19:15:00 -0700
Review: Gory gun-slinger 'Sabotage' a wreck from the get-go. Roger Moore McClatchy-Tribune News Service; Knoxville.com; Posted March 27, 2014 at 3:55 p.m.; 0 Comments. Email; Print; |; Facebook; Digg; twitter. Arnold Schwarzenegger lumbers through ...
Fri, 21 Mar 2014 12:50:22 -0700
... 2:01 pm | Updated: 8:39 pm, Thu Mar 27, 2014. Slinger and Heiken, of Portland, Ore. mlarsen. Posted on Mar 21, 2014. by mlarsen. Slinger, Heiken. Mary Rita Slinger and Samuel Thomas Heiken, both of Portland, Ore. proudly announce their engagement.
Wed, 02 Apr 2014 07:02:39 -0700
Slinger is the daughter of Ronald and Elsie Slinger, of Faribault, Minn. She graduated from Concordia - St. Paul in 2010 with a Bachelor of Science degree in chemistry. She is currently studying to attain a doctorate degree in pharmacy at Pacific ...
Oops, we seem to be having trouble contacting Twitter
You can talk about Slinger with people all over the world in our discussions.