|Chairperson||Pawan Kumar Chamling|
|Lok Sabha leader||Prem Das Rai|
|Rajya Sabha leader||Hishey Lachungpa|
|Founded||4 March 1993|
|Headquarters||S.D.F Bhawan, Indira Byepass Gangtok, Sikkim|
|Political position||Centre-left to Left-wing|
|ECI Status||State Party|
|Seats in Lok Sabha||
1 / 545
|Seats in Rajya Sabha||
1 / 245
The party was founded by Pawan Kumar Chamling in 1993. It has ruled the Sikkim state since 1994 with Pawan Kumar Chamling as the chief minister. The party consolidated its position sweeping the 1999 and 2004 state elections. It won 31 of the 32 assembly seats in the 2004 election. In the 2009 assembly election, the party made a clean sweep, winning all 32 seats. It also retained the lone Lok Sabha seat. In 2014 assembly elections, SDF won 22 seats and retained power.
In May 2016, after the BJP led NDA formed its first government in Assam, a new alliance called the North-East Democratic Alliance (NEDA) was formed with BJP leader Himanta Biswa Sarma as its convener. The Chief Ministers of the north eastern states of Sikkim, Assam, Arunachal Pradesh and Nagaland too belong to this alliance. Thus, the Sikkim Democratic Front joined the NDA led NEDA.
- Youth Wing
- Student's Wing
- Women's Wing
- Labour Wing
- Cultivators and Organic Farmers Wing
- Ex-servicemen Wing
- Scheduled Tribe Welfare Wing
- Scheduled Caste Welfare Wing
- Drivers Wing
- Traders Wing
List of Chief Minister
- Pawan Kumar Chamling: From 12 December 1994 to Incumbent
- "List of Political Parties and Election Symbols main Notification Dated 18.01.2013" (PDF). India: Election Commission of India. 2013. Retrieved 9 May 2013.
- http://eci.nic.in/eci_main/StatisticalReports/ElectionStatistics.asp Election Commission of India - Sikkim Assembly Elections
- http://ceosikkim.nic.in/Index.htm Election Results 2009
|This article about an Indian political party is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia. A portion of the proceeds from advertising on Digplanet goes to supporting Wikipedia.