|Shire of Huntly
Location in Victoria
|Area||878 km² (339.0 sq mi)|
The Shire of Huntly was a local government area immediately to the northeast of the regional city of Bendigo, Victoria, Australia. The shire covered an area of 878 square kilometres (339.0 sq mi), and existed from 1861 until 1994.
The need for a council at Huntly arose from gold and quartz mining in the area, including alluvial deposits and some deep leads in the area. Huntly was first incorporated as a road district on 10 March 1861, and became a shire on 13 July 1866. From 1867 until 1977, councillors met at the Council Chambers at 620-634 Midland Highway, Huntly, but subsequently they moved into a new location.
On 7 April 1994, the Shire was abolished — one of the first to disappear under the Kennett Liberal government's statewide local government restructuring program—and merged with the City of Bendigo, the Borough of Eaglehawk, the Shire of Strathfieldsaye and the Rural City of Marong to form the City of Greater Bendigo.
Huntly was divided into three wards, each of which elected three councillors:
- North Ward
- South Ward
- West Ward
Towns and localities 
* Estimate in the 1958 Victorian Year Book.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics, Victoria Office (1994). Victorian Year Book. p. 52. ISSN 0067-1223.
- Victorian Municipal Directory. Brunswick: Arnall & Jackson. 1992. pp. 708–709. Accessed at State Library of Victoria, La Trobe Reading Room.
- Municipal Association of Victoria (2006). "Greater Bendigo City Council". Retrieved 2008-01-08. Date cross-checked with the Records Division, Greater Bendigo City Council.
- Taylor, Thomas (6 April 1994). "Marong to fall in line on super council". The Age. p. 6. Accessed via Factiva online.