This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Revenue||200 million. EUR|
Number of employees
Schiedel AG is an international supplier of chimney- and ventilation systems with headquarters in Vienna, Austria. Schiedel offers ceramic chimneys, steel chimneys, fireplaces, and ventilation systems. It sells its products worldwide.
The company has 26 production sites (7 central production sites and 19 local production sites) in 26 countries, and a staff of approximately 1,500 employees.
The enterprise was founded in 1946 by Friedrich Schiedel in Erbach near Ulm, Germany. Since then, the company has undergone many changes under several owners. In 1967 the Schiedel group was founded, which was taken over by BRAAS/Redland in 1990. In 1998 Schiedel was taken over by Lafarge Roofing, a supplier of roof components. Today Schiedel AG is part of the international Monier Group (formally known as Lafarge Roofing), a provider of building materials for pitched roofs as well as roof, chimney and ventilation systems, with operations in 42 countries on four continents. In 2006, after Schiedel expanded to North America. In 2009 the company had a yearly turnover of approximately 200 million Euro.
Schiedel produces a ceramic and steel chimney systems, including systems for single- and multi-family houses in the residential business and country-specific options designed for local climatic conditions, building regulations and construction methods. It also offers chimney systems for the non-residential sector as well as mechanical and natural ventilation systems.
The main product lines are:
- ceramic chimney systems: the ceramic chimney systems consists of an inner ceramic liner, an insulation and a blockstone around it
- steel chimney systems :steel chimney systems for both inside and outside. The product range comprises single-wall, twin-wall and flexible systems.
- ventilation systems: mechanical and natural ventilation
- fireplaces: open fireplaces, chimney inserts and stoves.
- Dr. Frank Herrmann, CEO
- Johannes Kistler, CFO
- Dr. Peter Ortner, Technical Director
- Pekka Pohjalainen, Regional Director
 Schiedel facts and figures
- Company Overview of Schiedel AG
- Schiedel Zahlen und Fakten
- "Schiedel Chimney Systems: Home". schiedel.com. Retrieved 2014-04-13.