Saul Landau is journalist, filmmaker, and commentator. He is Professor Emeritus at California State University, Pomona. He is a senior Fellow at the Institute for Policy Studies.
Gore Vidal says, "Saul Landau is a man I love to steal ideas from"
Saul Landau has written 14 books  produced and directed over 50 documentary films  and writes editorial columns posted on his blog  and in magazines and journals including the Huffington Post 
Landau is a fellow of the Institute for Policy Studies (IPS) in Washington, D.C. and a senior fellow and former director of the Transnational Institute in Amsterdam.
His academic career includes serving as Director of Digital Media Programs and Hugh O. Bounty Chair of Applied Interdisciplinary Knowledge at Cal Poly Pomona,. Professor at the University of California, Santa Cruz and Professor at American University,
A University of Wisconsin, Madison graduate, Landau donated his papers and films to the Wisconsin Center for Film and Theater Research.
He received an Emmy for his film produced with filmmaker Haskell Wexler, Paul Jacobs and the Nuclear Gang (1980); the Edgar Allan Poe Award 1981 for "Best Fact Crime" for Assassination on Embassy Row (with John Dinges; Pantheon 1980) about the murder of TNI Director, Orlando Letelier and their colleague and friend Ronnie Karpen-Moffitt. He was awarded Letelier-Moffitt Human Rights Award for his life's contribution to human rights as well as the Bernado O'Higgins award.
In the early 1960s he was a member of the San Francisco Mime Troupe and wrote the play the Minstrel Show. At that time he was also working as a film distributor.
He frequently appears on radio and TV shows.
Saul Landau's films are distributed by Round World Productions. His 1968 film "Fidel" is distributed by Microcinema.
- Will the Real Terrorist Please Stand Up (2012)
- “WE DON’T PLAY GOLF HERE -- and other stories of globalization”
- Syria: Between Iraq and a Hard Place (2004)
- Iraq: Voices From the Street (September 2002)
- Maquila: A Tale of Two Mexicos (1999) - A documentary about the corporate globalization on the US-Mexican border.
- The Sixth Sun: Mayan Uprising in Chiapas (1996)
- Papakolea (1993)
- Report from Iraq (1991)
- The Uncompromising Revolution (1988)
- Target Nicaragua. Inside a Covert War (1983)
- Quest for Power (1983)
- Report from Beirut (1982)
- Steppin' (1980) - A documentary about Michael Manley on his tour in Jamaica, during election time.
- Paul Jacobs and the Nuclear Gang (1979) - A political documentary about government suppression of the health hazards of low-level radiation. Paul Jacobs died from lung cancer before the documentary was finished. His doctors believed he contracted it while he was investigating nuclear policies in 1957. Jacobs interviewed civilians and soldiers, survivors of nuclear experiments in the 50s and 60s, testing the effects of radiation. The film won an Emmy Award (1980), George F. Polk Award for investigative journalism on TV, Hefner First Amendment Award for journalism, and the Mannheim Film Festival first critics' prize.
- The CIA Case Officer (1978) - A documentary about John Stockwell, a former CIA official who served in the CIA for 12 years, mostly in Africa and Vietnam.
- Bill Moyer's CBS report on CIA and Cuba (1977)
- Land of My Birth (1976) - The campaign film for Michael Manley in Jamaica.
- Zombies in a House of Madness (1975) - A short film where jail house poet, Michael Beasley, reads his poetry alongside footage taken inside the San Francisco jail, in 1972.
- Song for Dead Warriors (1974) -A documentary about the Wounded Knee occupation in the spring of 1973 by Oglala Sioux Indians and members of the American Indian Movement (AIM).
- Who Shot Alexander Hamilton (1974)
- Castro, Cuba and the US (1974)
- Robert Wall: Ex-FBI Agent (1972)
- The Jail (1972)
- Zombies in a House of Madness (1972) - Shot in the San Francisco jail.
- Que Hacer/What is to be Done?(1971) - Saul Landau, Raul Ruis, Nina Serrano.
- Conversation with Allende (1971)
- Brazil: Report on Torture (1971)
- Fidel (1968)
- From Protest to Resistance (1968)
- Losing just the same (1966)
- A Bush and Botox World, AK Press, 2007 - with Gore Vidal. In this book, he defines his position on the 2006 Cuban transfer of presidential duties, Cuba in the 1960s, Raúl Castro and his opinion on the U.S. concerning Cuba
- The business of America: how consumers have replaced citizens and how we can reverse the trend, Routledge, 2004
- The Pre-Emptive Empire: A Guide to Bush's Kingdom, Pluto Press, 2003
- The dangerous doctrine: national security and U.S. foreign policy, Westview Press, 1988
- Hot air: a radio diary, Pacifica Network News/Institute for Policy Studies, 1995 - Saul Landau, Christopher Hitchens, Pacifica Radio
- Assassination on Embassy Row, Pantheon Books, 1980 - With John Dinges. Edgar Allan Poe Award for Best Non-fiction
- Red Hot Radio: Sex, Violence and Politics at the End of the American Century, Common Courage Press, 1998
- The guerrilla wars of Central America: Nicaragua, El Salvador, and Guatemala, St Martin's Press, 1993
- To Serve the Devil: Vol. 1 & 2, 1971 - Saul Landau and Paul Jacobs with Eve Pell
- The New Radicals, Random House, 1966 - Paul Jacobs, Saul Landau
- The Bisbee deportations: class conflict and patriotism during World War I, University of Wisconsin—Madison, 1959
- My Dad Was Not Hamlet, Institute for Policy Studies, 1993 - A book of poems
- They Educated the Crows, Transnational Institute, 1978 - a Transnational Institute Report on the Letelier-Moffitt Murders
- Bernardo O’Higgins Award for Human Rights
- Letelier-Moffit Human Rights Award
- George Polk Award for Investigative Reporting
- First Amendment Award
- Emmy Award
- Roxie Award for Best Activist Video
- Hugh Hefner First Amendment Award
- Mannheim Film Festival: Critics' First Prize
- Ann Arbor Film Festival Fiirst Prize
- Berlin Film Festival First Prize
- Best Director Award First American Indian Intercontinental Film Festival
- Golden Apple Award
- Best Picture North Carolina Smoky Mountain Film Festival
- ^ http://www.tni.org/users/saul-landau
- ^ 
- ^ http://saullandau.com>
- ^ http://saullandau.wordpress.com/
- ^ Progreso Weekly http://www.progresoweekly.com/index.php?progreso=Landau&otherweek=1169704800, Huffington Post http://www.huffingtonpost.com/saul-landau/syria-intervention_b_1594036.html
- ^ The Institute for Policy Studies http://ips-dc.org
- ^ Emeriti at California State Polytechnic University, Pomona
- ^ reported in The Capital Times of Madison, 16 December 2006
- ^ "Private Persuader: Larry Janss Avoids Civic Spotlight, but Is in Thick of Arts Center Issue", Los Angeles Times, September 13, 1993
- ^ TheEdgars.com, Edgars database (entry misspelt as "Saul Landeau")
- ^ Mime Troupe Archives http://www.sfmt.org/company/archives/minstrel/minstrel.php
- ^ "Berkeley, UC Ban French Film", Oakland Tribune, November 25, 1964
- ^ http://news.linktv.org/videos/democracy-now-june-11-2012?start=0
- ^ http://www.roundworldproductions.com
- ^ http://www.amazon.com/Will-Real-Terrorist-Please-Stand/dp/B004YZ3M7K
- ^ "Washington's Ignorance". Counterpunch. 2006-08-29.
OC Weekly (blog)
OC Weekly (blog)
Sun, 16 Jun 2013 08:06:36 -0700
Memento mori. Ask not for whom the blog tolls. I saw that award-winning documentary, made by Saul Landau and shot by Haskell Wexler, a very long time ago. I was young! I went to Survival Sunday rallies and on marches. Stood in vigils outside the plant.
Thu, 13 Jun 2013 23:08:18 -0700
The Business of America (Paths for the Twenty-First Century). By Saul Landau $34.95. Souled Out: Reclaiming Faith and Politics After the Religious Right. By E. J. Dionne Jr. $12.11. Golf Shirt. $23. more items · Reports. Permanent Washington's Backlash ...
Fri, 24 May 2013 11:32:28 -0700
Citizens need to make their own history by acting and forcing leaders to deal with climate change before it gets too late. Saul Landau's film PAUL JACOBS AND THE NUCLEAR GANG –with Jack Willis — warned the public of nuclear negligence in 1980.
El Economista de Cuba
Mon, 10 Jun 2013 02:46:59 -0700
... la tercera será en vez un encuentro entre sindicatos de varios países y durante la noche se concluirá con un debate con importantes intelectuales, entre los cuales Ignacio Ramonet, Miguel Barnet, Luciano Vasapollo, Saul Landau, Salim Lamrani y ...
Thu, 30 May 2013 22:02:08 -0700
... Elliot Abrams son alentados a colaborar con dictadores genocidas en el exterior? Los filmes de Saul Landau Fidel y Por favor, que el verdadero terrorista se ponga de pie se encuentran en DVD por medio de cinemalibrestudio.com. Landau es miembro del ...
Oops, we seem to be having trouble contacting Twitter
You can talk about Saul Landau with people all over the world in our discussions.