|Sarvottam Yudh Seva Medal
सर्वोत्तम युध्द सेवा पदक
|Awarded by the Government of India|
|Awarded for||Wartime distinguished service|
|Next (higher)||Padma Bhushan|
|Next (lower)||Param Vishisht Seva Medal|
Sarvottam Yudh Seva Medal is India's highest Wartime Distinguished Service decoration. It is awarded for the highest degree of distinguished services in an operational context. "Operation context" include times of war, conflict, or hostilities. The award is a wartime equivalent of the Param Vishisht Seva Medal, which is the highest Peacetime Distinguished Service decoration of the country. Sarvottam Yudh Seva Medal may be awarded posthumously.
- Awarded for distinguished service of the most exceptional order during war/conflict/hostilities.
- All ranks of the Army, the Navy and the Air Force including those of Territorial Army Units, Auxiliary and Reserve Forces and other lawfully constituted Armed Forces when embodied.
- Nursing Officers and other members of the Nursing Services in the Armed Forces.
- The medal may be awarded posthumously.
- Bar To The Medal
- If a recipient of the medal is subsequently awarded the medal again, every such further award shall be recognized by a Bar to be attached to the riband by which the medal is suspended. For every such Bar, a miniature insignia of a pattern approved by the Government shall be added to the riband when worn alone.
This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia. A portion of the proceeds from advertising on Digplanet goes to supporting Wikipedia.