|Created by||Santhosh George Kulangara|
|Presented by||Santhosh George Kulangara|
|Narrated by||Aneesh Punnen Peter|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of episodes||About 1000|
|Running time||30 minutes|
|Original network||Asianet (formerly)
Safari TV (since 2013)
Sancharam (Malayalam: സഞ്ചാരം, English: travel), is the first telecast of a visual travelogue in Malayalam language television. The program has been shot, edited and directed by Santhosh George Kulangara. It is being aired on prime time 09. 30 p. prime time 10 p.m. (IST) every weekday in Safari TV channel and re-telecasted the next day (weekdays only) two times. The program has completed over 1000 episodes and has been shot in more than 75 countries during the last 15 years. Originally aired on Asianet on Sundays, it has been then started airing on Safari TV, which is owned by Santhosh George Kulangara.
An internet edition of Sancharam is also available free of cost. In the website, viewers may choose the countries they wish to watch by using drop-down list with audio by commentator currently available in Malayalam. It claimed to be the first Internet television in Kerala.
Sancharam is about to be shot in space by Santhosh George Kulangara who has been selected for the Virgin Galactic’s next space tourism programme, SpaceShipTwo. With this space journey, he is slated to be India's first space tourist.
The editing of Sancharam is done by Labour India Publications Ltd..
The episodes which are being telecasted presently were shot at places in Georgia
- Best TV serial award 
- Vivekananda Awards 
- Limca Book of Records, added in its 2007 edition 
- Kerala's Film Critics Award: for the best Television program telecasted in 2005.
- Souparnikatheeram State Award: Television Award for the best director of a non-fictional program.
- All India RAPA Award-2004: award of ‘best non-fiction television program’ given away by Radio and TV Advertising Practitioners Association (RAPA)
- National Film Academy Award: program has been declared eligible for the award instituted by National Film Academy for the section 'Other than Fiction'
- Kerala Film Critics Association Award-2003
- All India Akshaya National Award-2003
- National Award: This is one of the awards given at National level in the Radio-Mini screen field. This program selected for the award from the TV programs of about 20 different languages.
- "Internet Television Channel Sancharam inaugurated". Mathrubhumi. page 7, 2 January 2007. Check date values in:
- Tuning "Sancharm to be in space" Check
|url=value (help). Fine Tuning the World.
- "Santosh George to become first Indian space tourist". Chennai, India: The Hindu Online. 16 March 2007.
- "TV megaserial Awards". Chennai, India: The Hindu Online. 17 February 2004.
- "Sancharam video, awards". sancharam.com.
- "TV megaserial Awards announced". Music India Online.
- "Vivekananda Awards for Santhosh George Kulangara". New Indian Express.
- "First telecast of a visual travelogue in Malayalam". Limca Book of Records. Retrieved 2006-08-08.
This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia. A portion of the proceeds from advertising on Digplanet goes to supporting Wikipedia.