|Municipality of San Miguel
Bayan ng San Miguel
San Miguel de Mayumo
|— Municipality —|
|Region||Central Luzon (Region III)|
|• Mayor||Roderick D.G. Tiongson|
|• Vice Mayor||Ma. Gemma S. Alcantara (Outgoing)|
|• Total||231.40 km2 (89.34 sq mi)|
|• Density||600/km2 ( 1,600/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
|Income class||1st class|
San Miguel de Mayumo is a first class, urban municipality located in the third district of the province of Bulacan, Philippines. According to the latest census, it has a population of 138,839 people.
The municipality of San Miguel De Mayumo was established in 1763 with Carlos Agustin Maniquiz, Maria Juana Puno - wife of Carlos Agustin Maniquiz and Miguel Pineda as the first town mayor of San Miguel. Miguel Pineda was a native of Angat, Bulacan who decided to settle permanently in the barrio of San Bartolome now named barangay Tartaro. He found the place ideal for hunting and was later chosen as the leader of other settlers. He formed an alliance with Mariano Puno, the recognized leader of the adjacent prosperous village called Sto. Rosario now named barangay Mandile. The two leaders decided to form a town named Miguel De Mayumo after the name of Miguel Pineda and Mayumo, a Kapampangan word for sweets for the goodwill and generosity of Mariano Puno. The town was supposed to be part of Pampanga. San Miguel’s culture drifted from Kapampangan influence. San Miguel used to be the biggest town in Bulacan but when San Ildefonso, Bulacan was proclaimed a town during the 1900s and during the Marcos Regime, he made Doña Remedios Trinidad a town (named after his wife's mother), San Miguel was right as the 2nd.
The Pact of Biak-Na-Bato 
During the Philippine Revolution in 1897, newly appointed Governor-General Fernando Primo de Rivera decided to crush Emilio Aguinaldo and his troops in Cavite, but Aguinaldo fled to Batangas and joined forces with Gen. Miguel Malvar. The Spaniards continue their pursuit but the troops outwitted them by going to the province of Rizal (formerly Morong) and finally to Biak-na-Bato in San Miguel de Mayumo (San Miguel), Bulacan. Aguinaldo made the mountain caves into his headquarters.
On August 26, 2007, residents at the foot of the Biak-na-Bato mountains petitioned president Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo to declare the mountains protected areas to stop marble quarrying and mining there. Biak-na-Bato (21.17 km² in the villages of Kalawakan and Talbak in Doña Remedios Trinidad town and the villages of Biak-na-Bato and Sibul) was one of the camps of the revolutionary Katipunan forces in the 19th century, was declared a national park by Manuel L. Quezon on Nov. 16, 1937 through Proclamation No. 223.
Siege of Baler 
Simon Ocampo Tecson [1861-1903] was born on February 5, 1861 in San Miguel de Mayumo now called San Miguel, Bulacan to parents Tiburcio Tecson and Paula Ocampo. He was the second child among four siblings. Simon O. Tecson married Tomasa Mossesgeld Santiago.
Like thousands of other Filipinos desiring independence from Spain, Simon O. Tecson joined the Katipunan when he found himself one time in Manila. When the Revolution broke out, he joined the fighting in Bulacan. In June 1897, he was appointed Brigadier-General of Bulacan at the Mt. Puray Assembly. From Cavite, General Emilio Aguinaldo transferred the revolutionary government to Biak-na-Bato, a barrio of San Miguel de Mayumo. On November 1, 1897, Isabelo Artacho and Felix Ferrer wrote a constitution for this Biak-na-Bato Republic. Simon O. Tecson who at this time had become close to Aguinaldo, was chosen to be one of the signatories of the Constitution during the ratification of the Philippine Constitution.
Towards the end of 1897, a truce in the fighting was agreed upon by both Spaniards and Filipinos. Aguinaldo agreed to go on voluntary exile to Hong Kong together with some of his friends and allies. However, Simon O. Tecson did not join Emilio Aguinaldo in Hong Kong. When Emilio Aguinaldo returned to the Philippines in May 1898, Simon O. Tecson offered his services to Emilio Aguinaldo's revolutionary army. Emilio Aguinaldo gave Simon O. Tecson the rank of Colonel and appointed him second in command of the 4th zone comprising the towns of San Rafael, San Miguel and San Ildefonso, Bulacan. Maintaining the peace and order of Bulacan as well as the province of Nueva Ecija became his major task.
However, Simon O. Tecson would be most remembered for the event that would be later on called the Siege of Baler.
Baler, Aurora is a small town located on the eastern coast of Luzon, part of the jurisdiction of the District of El Principe. In June 1898, the Spanish forces holding Baler continued to resist whereas most of the other towns had already surrendered to Emilio Aguinaldo’s forces. Captain Enrique de las Morenas was in charge of the defense of Baler. For fear of attack, he ordered his men to seek refuge inside the church of Baler on June 27, 1898. Providing themselves with arms, ammunition and food, the Spaniards turned the church into a formidable fortress.
The end of the Siege of Baler occurred on June 2, 1899. The Spaniards went outside of the church to negotiate the terms of surrender. Representing Emilio Aguinaldo and the newly established Philippine Republic was Revolutionary Colonel Simon O. Tecson who negotiated that the Spanish troops would not be treated as prisoners of war. With the terms of surrender completed, the rest of the Spanish troops marched out of the church with their weapons while Filipino troops lined up the pathway. Out of the more than 50 soldiers who sought refuge in the church of Baler before the siege, only 35 survived.
The Siege of Baler represents the culmination of the more than three hundred-year hostility between Filipinos and Spaniards. It ended in forgiveness and reconciliation. This event is made even more memorable through the passage of Republic Act No. 9187 on February 5, 2003 calling for the celebration of Philippine–Spanish Friendship Day every June 30. The historic Siege of Baler honors the Filipino and Spanish heroes who fought and died for their principles.
Simon O. Tecson fought in the Philippine–American War. He surrendered to the Americans on February 12, 1901 in San Miguel de Mayumo. He refused to take the oath of allegiance to the United States of America resulting in his deportation to Guam on June 16, 1901. When a general amnesty was offered to all Filipino insurgents on July 4, 1902, Simon O. Tecson was one of those who availed of this opportunity. On September 21, 1902, Simon O. Tecson took his oath of allegiance and was allowed to return to the Philippines.
He died on November 15, 1903 at the age of 43 in his beloved hometown of San Miguel de Mayumo. He was buried in the church of San Miguel, Bulacan.
Tecson House, the house of Simon Tecson [Simon Ocampo Tecson] is the place where the ratification of Philippine Constitution took place and was signed. It is the house where Emilio Aguinaldo slept before going to Pangasinan.
Japanese occupation 
Founded during World War II, Japanese Imperial ground troops entered and occupied the town municipality of San Miguel on 1942. 'Bulaceño Guerrillas' were fallen and was invaded for a couple of four years. Retreated from the Imperial Japanese ground troops around the municipal town of San Miguel, and before the liberation on 1945. Local Filipino troops of the Philippine Commonwealth Army and Philippine Constabulary units was liberated the town municipality of San Miguel and help Bulaceño guerrilla resistance against the Japanese and ended World War II.
|Population Census of San Miguel|
|Name||Classification||Population||Barangay Captain (Since 2010)|
|Bagong Pag-asa||Urban||1,306||Danilo M Binuya|
|Bagong Silang||Rural||1,746||Renato C. Mata|
|Balaong||Urban||2,665||Eduardo S. Sanchez|
|Balite||Rural||2,608||Albino P. Palomo|
|Bantog||Urban||3,336||Ernesto L. Maon|
|Bardias||Urban||1,541||Virgilio R. Eusebio|
|Baritan||Rural||1,015||Diosdado M. Dela Cruz|
|Batasan Bata||Urban||2,117||Antonio P. Ramos Jr.|
|Batasan Matanda||Urban||2,735||Amado E. Manuzon|
|Biak-na-Bato||Urban||1,192||Sixto M. Cruz|
|Buga||Urban||1,653||Armando P. Manalili|
|Buliran||Rural||4,560||Damaso F. Sancon|
|Bulualto||Rural||2,622||Reynaldo DS. Dela Cruz|
|Calumpang||Rural||3,870||Eduardo T. Yuson|
|Cambio||Rural||1,990||Alberto C. Zafra|
|Camias||Urban||6,706||Melvin B. Santos|
|Ilog-Bulo||Rural||1,416||Armando B. Gamboa|
|King Kabayo||Rural||1,514||Alexander S. Pengson|
|Labne||Rural||1,461||Edna G. Lopez|
|Lambakin||Rural||2,336||Manuel DC. Sioson Jr.|
|Magmarale||Rural||2,077||Rolando C. Dela Cruz|
|Malibay||Rural||2,031||Ronaldo G. Simbulan|
|Maligaya||Urban||1,723||Arsenio M. Del Rosario|
|Mandile||Rural||1,627||Felix DG. Dizon|
|Masalipit||Rural||2,697||Juanito T. Valdez|
|Pacalag||Rural||891||Rodolfo B. Enriquez|
|Paliwasan||Rural||2,404||Ernesto D. Irabagon|
|Partida||Rural||3,162||Jose Domingo R. Diño|
|Pinambaran||Rural||3,671||Gerardo V. Manabat|
|Poblacion||Urban||3,386||Christopher T. Beltran 1|
|Pulong Bayabas||Rural||1,187||Armando C. Soriano Sr.|
|Pulong Duhat||Rural||1,132||Lauro DL. Sarmiento|
|Sacdalan||Rural||1,745||Rolando A. Silverio|
|Salacot||Rural||3,010||Romeo P. Villacorta2|
|Salangan||Rural||4,300||Romulo DC. Alvarez|
|San Agustin||Urban||3,743||Pedrito L. Flores, Jr.|
|San Jose||Urban||5,310||Romeo L. Reyes Jr.|
|San Juan||Rural||6,749||Pedro L. Calbay|
|San Vicente||Urban||2,955||Crisanto DG. Tiongson|
|Santa Ines||Rural||5,135||John A. Alvarez|
|Santa Lucia||Rural||2,745||Carlos P. Santos|
|Santa Rita Bata||Rural||3,036||Arman A. Domingo|
|Santa Rita Matanda||Rural||2,438||Serafin A. Adriano Jr.|
|Sapang||Rural||1,503||Severino B. Macapagal|
|Sibul Springs||Rural||8,570||Rosauro Magat, Jr|
|Tartaro||Rural||5,374||Manuel P Apoderado Jr.|
|Tibagan||Rural||3,099||Josephine SP. Legaspi|
|Tigpalas||Rural||3,255||Feliciano B. Liwag Jr.|
Note: 1 1st Councilor Christopher T. Beltran will be the acting Barangay Captain due to the death of Ronnie L. Roura last May 4, 2013.
2 Salacot Barangay Captain Romie Villacorta will be the part of the Sangunian Bayan starting June 30, 2013 12 noon and 1st Councilor Angel P. Dantis will taking up the vacant position of Captain Villacorta.
Municipal government 
- Municipal mayor: Roderick D.G. Tiongson
- Municipal vice mayor: Ma. Gemma Sevilla-Alcantara (outgoing)
- Municipal councilors:
- Josephine C. Buan (outgoing)
- Anika Corinne D. Santiago
- Vincent Abril M. Maniquis
- Marivee Mendez-Coronel (incoming Vice Mayor)
- Romeo C. Dizon
- Aye Mariano
- Ernesto Sulit (incoming 3rd District Board Member of Bulacan)
- Emil Magtalas
List of former mayors: Municipal executives 
- Miguel Pineda - The first town mayor when the town was established, 1763
Geography and climate 
The town of San Miguel is bounded by Nueva Ecija Province in the northernmost area, Pampanga Province in the west, the town is bounded by two provinces with land borders. The town of San Ildefonso, Bulacan lies next to San Miguel in the southernmost area, Doña Remedios Trinidad in the eastmost area which also borders San Rafael and Angat. San Miguel then was the biggest municipality in the province of Bulacan before some areas were taken and annexed to Doña Remedios Trinidad during the term of Ferdinand Marcos. The geographic nature of the town is diversified and multi-faceted, rich in nature's beauty like waterfall, rivers, caves, few mountains, hilly areas and springs. The mainland are plain agricultural lands, some part of which was substantially eroded due to commercialization and urbanization.
The prevailing climatic conditions in the municipality is categorized into two types: Wet season and dry season.
- Wet Season - (Rainy season or Monsoon season)
- Dry Season - (Summer season)
|Climate data for San Miguel, Bulacan, Philippines|
|Average high °C (°F)||29
|Average low °C (°F)||20
|Precipitation cm (inches)||1.7
Society and culture, sports, arts and literature 
Tourist attractions: Nature and historical places 
- Sibul Springs - The area is famous for the springs coming directly from the mountains, which attracted a lot of people including the past Philippine president like Manuel L. Quezon and famous artists during the pre-war and post-war era.
- Mount Manalmon
Madlum Caves and River - The area is a UNESCO World Heritage Site, Madlum River and Madlum Caves. The area is in barangay Madlum where Mount Manalmon, a hilly landscape, possess these novel landscapes of Madlum River (Manalmon River and Caves). The river is a snaky river with shallow clear water along the left side deepening to the right side. The rightmost portion has towering rock walls lining the riverside, past the walls are widening riverbanks with sandy shore. Another hilly elevation in the area is Mount Gola. Various caves with dark portals are within the area, namely Bayukbok Cave and Victoria Cave and numerous caves, some of which are inhibited by bats.
- Tilandong Falls
- Balaong River
- Mount Susong Dalaga (Maiden's Breast Mountain)
- Banal na Bundok (Holy Mountain)
- Biak-na-Bato - Biak-na-Bato is an historical spot rich in nostalgic echoes of heroic past. This landscape is a hilly cave fortress that looks like a big, spreading rock covered with cracks and splits inside and out, with some pieces sprawled out the vicinity and along the river. This historic spot, the Aguinaldo Cave, the main cave of a network of caves, used to be the headquarters of Emilio Aguinaldo and the First Philippine Republic Cabinet Officials and its arm.
It actually has more than a hundred caves, many of which remain unexplored. Underneath the Aguinaldo Cave runs an underground natural spring with cool and refreshing water. Outside, the crystal clear river runs smoothly, blocked currently, and then by boulders scattered indiscriminately on the river.
Along the riverbeds lie sections of cracks and openings of the giant rock, and one opening, called the “Cuarto Cuarto” or “room partitions” has plenty of stalactites as its “chandeliers” on the cave’s ceiling. This opening is one of the cave networks issuing from Aguinaldo's Cave. A further stroll following the riverbed uphill and downhill leads to the majestic “Bahay Paniki Cave” (House of Bats) whose ceiling is 50 meters high. A swarm of Paniki, (bats), regularly hovers on the ceiling of this awesome mouth which looks like the main crack of this hilly rock. Going farther on this trek along the riverbed, one will discover that this river is where several natural springs in the area congregate. Also, a large contributory is the spring water from the mountain systems of Sierra Madre Mountain Range - Sierra Madre Mountains of Luzon island. This natural spring serves the local communities around Biak-na-Bato, and partly, Metro Manila residents. This historical spot, Biak-na-Bato, was the headquarters of the first Philippine Republic. It was a cave fortress affording seclusion and protection. Up to the present time this historical spot continues to offer a hideaway haven amid cool natural springs and a thought-provoking labyrinth of cave networks.
Biak-na-Bato National Park - The park is the area where Biak-na-Bato was used during Philippine Revolution. The meeting place and where one of the battles of the revolution took place, as well as the site where Biak-na-Bato Republic was established.
- San Miguel Leisure Farm Resort - A resort situated in barangay Biak-na-Bato.
- San Miguel De Mayumo Arc - An arch in the entrance of the town, a welcome arc
- San Miguel Municipal Hall
- Don Felipe Buencamino Marker - A historical marker in honor of Felipe S. Buencamino Sr. who was a revolutionary leader
- Clock Tower
- San Miguel de Arkanghel Church - (St. Michael the Archangel Parish Church) - The province of Bulacan is not only rich in history but it is one of the earliest, about 1572 to be Christianized. A testimony to this are various churches of colonial period in many cities and towns like San Miguel, Bulacan. The churches were built as part of missionary enterprise of Spanish Regime. In 1899, the last Spanish fleet left the Philippines for the last time, but not the stone churches that once belong to the glory of Spain, the global colonizer that introduced Christianity to many nations.
- Heritage houses
Tecson House: The house of Simon Tecson - Simon Ocampo Tecson of Siege of Baler. It is the house where the ratification of the first Philippine Constitution took place, and signed with Emilio Aguinaldo, the revolutionary general who became the first Philippine president: Tecson House.
- Camp Tecson - A military camp in Sibul Spring, which has become the central garrison of military training of Philippine Armed Forces - 1st Scout Ranger Regiment. The land was donated by Pablo Tecson (1902-1906 governor of Bulacan province and a revolutionary hero.)
Famous people from San Miguel 
- Nicanor Abelardo - Composer [1893-1934]
- Alfredo Lim - 2004-2007 Philippine Senator and 2012 Mayor of Manila.
- Virgilio S. Almario - writer
- Felipe S. Buencamino Sr. [1848–1929] - Born in this town on September 22, 1848. Leader of the revolutionaries, and became 'Kalihim ng Suliraning Panlabas' - [Secretary of Foreign Affairs] of the first Republic of the Philippines. One of the founders of Iglesia Filipina Independiente. He joined the Revolutionary Movement and fought in the battles of 'Battle of Kamansi' and 'Battle of Arayat' - Arayat, Pampanga. He was part and member of Malolos Congress. He was named to the Aguinaldo Cabinet as "Secretario de Fomento" or Secretary of Development. He died on February 6, 1929
- Pablo Tecson (1859-1933)
- Simon Tecson (1861-1903) – The revolutionary Colonel of the 'Siege of Baler' - Siege of Baler. Simon Ocampo Tecson fought in the Philippine–American War. He surrendered to the Americans on February 12, 1901 in San Miguel de Mayumo. He refused to take the oath of allegiance to the United States, resulting in his deportation to Guam on June 16, 1901. When a general amnesty was offered to all Filipino insurgents on July 4, 1902, Simon O. Tecson was one of those who availed of this opportunity. On September 21, 1902, he took his oath of allegiance and was allowed to return to the Philippines. He was appointed Mayor of San Miguel, Bulacan. He died on November 15, 1903, of tuberculosis, at the age of 43 in his beloved hometown of San Miguel de Mayumo, his remains are buried in the church of San Miguel. His house, Tecson House, is the house where the first Philippine Constitution was ratified with Emilio Aguinaldo. It was built by his wife Tomasa Mossegeld-Santiago Tecson. The son of Simon and Tomasa, their youngest son Pedro Tecson was born after his death, the son of Pedro Tecson wrote a book, 2011, about the Siege of Baler - Luis Zamora Tecson - The grandson of Simon Tecson. Philippine–Spanish Friendship Day is celebrated every year in this house as a commemoration of the 'Siege of Baler' that ended the Spanish Global Colonization in the entire world, that ended in peace. List of Filipino Generals in the Philippine Revolution of 1896 and the Filipino-American War of 1899. The 'Tecson' of San Miguel, Bulacan, the Tecson of Balanga, Bataan, the Tecson of Candaba, Pampanga, the Tecson of Cabiao, Nueva Ecija, the Tecson of San Quintin, Pangasinan and the 'Ticzon' of San Pablo City, Laguna, the Tecson of San Jose, Batangas, and the Tecson of Tanay, Rizal are descendants of the three 'Tek Sun' brothers from Guangzhou, China. The tombstone of Jose Tecson who passed 1728 is in the church of Saint Patrick Church of Candaba, Pampanga, his name is written in Chinese character. Jose Tecson - 'Hu Si Tek Sun Bu', the place is 'Immortal Torch'. Guangzhou, China is called 'Immortals City'.
- Emiliano Tecson participated in the ratification of the first Philippine Constitution with Emilio Aguinaldo. The 'Tecson' of San Miguel, Bulacan, the 'Tecson' of Balanga, Bataan and the 'Tecson' of San Jose, Batangas as well as the 'Ticzon' of San Pablo City, Laguna are descendants of the three 'Tek Sun' brothers from Guangzhou, China. The tombstone of Jose Tecson who passed 1728 is in the church of Saint Patrick Church of Candaba, Pampanga.
- Trinidad Tecson (1848–1928) is one of the revolutionaries during Philippine Revolution who is famous for being the 'The Mother of Biak-na-Bato': Katipunan - Pact of Biak-na-Bato and 'The Mother of Philippine Red Cross' - Philippine Red Cross and 'Mother of Mercy'. She was born in this town on November 18, 1848. She is the daughter of Rafael Tecson and Monica Perez. She was trained to do 'Arnis' (Sword fighting) at a young age by a man named 'Tangkad' (Tall). Trinidad was called Babaing lalaki (Woman that acts like a man). During the Philippine Revolution she joined the rebellion, took care of the sick and wounded in the mountains. Along with three other companions, she went to the courthouse in Kalookan (Caloocan) to seize firearms. They overpowered the Guardia Civil and carried away their guns. She was with the revolutionaries in 12 battles under five Filipino generals and organized groups of women to nurse wounded the Filipino soldiers. Trinidad was Brigadaire General during Philippine Revolution, List of Filipino Generals in the Philippine Revolution of 1896 and the Filipino-American War of 1899. Emilio Aguinaldo called her 'The Mother of Philippine Red Cross' - Philippine Red Cross, Mother of Mercy. She died on January 28, 1928 in Philippine General Hospital. Her remains are buried in Veterans Plot of La Loma Cemetery. Trinidad is cousin of Emiliano Tecson, Pablo Tecson and Simon Tecson. Trinidad Tecson Elementary School is a Memorial School for her, District IV Manila - Division of City Schools-Manila. The 'Tecson' of San Miguel, Bulacan, the Tecson of San Jose, Batangas, the Tecson of Tanay, Rizal, the Tecson of Balanga, Bataan, the Tecson of Candaba, Pampanga, the Tecson of Tanauan, Leyte, and the 'Ticzon' of San Pablo City, Laguna are descendants of the three 'Tek Sun' brothers from Guangzhou, China - 'Immortals City'. The tombstone of Jose Tecson who passed 1728 is in the church of Saint Andrew Church of Candaba, Pampanga, Jose Tecson - 'Hu Si Tek Sun Bu'. It is written in Chinese character which also denotes a place 'Immortal Torch'.
Roman Catholic is the predominant religion in this town with 89% of the population. The second is the Members Church of God International with 4%, Iglesia ni Cristo with 1%, Evangelicals With 4% and other religious groups with 2%.
The town has numerous public schools offering elementary and high school education. Some of the elementary public schools are:
- Don Felix de Leon Memorial School in Brgy. San Agustin, San Miguel, Bulacan
- Children's Haven School of San Miguel,Bulacan
- San Miguel South Central Elementary School, located in population center of the town
- San Jose Elementary School, located in barangay San Jose
- San Miguel North Central School, in barangay Camias
- Dr. Juan F. Pascual Memorial School, located in barangay Salangan
Some of the public high schools are:
- John J. Russel Memorial High School, located at Sibul, San Miguel, Bulacan
- Partida High School, located at Partida, San Miguel, Bulacan
- San Miguel National High School, located in barangay San Juan
- Vedasto Santiago High School, San Miguel High School Annex, located in barangay Salacot
- Balaong National High School, located at Barangay Balaong
Some of the private schools offering elementary and pre-elementary education are:
- Children's Haven School of San Miguel Bulacan, located in barangay San Jose
- D. C. Nicolas School, located in barangay Tigpalas
- Park Ridge School of Montessori, located in barangay Camias
- Saint Paul University at San Miguel, located in barangay Salangan
- School of Mount St. Mary, located in barangay Sta. Rita (New)
Some of the tertiary schools are:
- Bulacan Polytechnic College (San Miguel Campus) in barangay Salacot
- Integrated College of Business and Technology at barangay Salangan San Miguel
- Saint Paul University at San Miguel, located in barangay Salangan
Ancestral Houses 
Doña Sisang [Narcisa Dona Sisang de Leon] residence
2013 Elections 
|Municipal Mayor||Roderick DG. Tiongson||Liberal||
|Municipal Vice Mayor||Ivy Mendez - Coronel||Liberal||
|Raul A. Mariano||UNA||
|Romeo C. Dizon||Liberal||
|Emmanuel D. Magtalas||Liberal||
|Vincent Abril M. Maniquis||Liberal||
|Anika Corinne D. Santiago||Liberal||
|Tony M. Macasu||Liberal||
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code listing for San Miguel - National Statistical Coordination Board
- Inquirer.net, Bulaceños want Biak-na-Bato declared a protected area
- SMBFORUM.CO.TV* Dead Link
External Links and Further Readings 
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: San Miguel, Bulacan|
- Official Website of the Municipality of San Miguel, Bulacan* Dead Link
- All About San Miguel Bulacan* Dead Link
- San Miguel, Bulacan Community Posting eBoard* Dead Link
- Election results* Dead Link
- 2000 Philippine Census Information
- 2007 Philippine Census Information
Other further readings and informations:
- Quirino, Carlos. Who's Who in Philippine History. Manila: Tahanan Books, 1995.
- Travelers on Foot Website.
- SAMPAKA - Samahang Pangkasaysayan ng Bulacan (Organization for history in Bulacan Province).
- New York Times - Website: www.querynytimes.com, (New York Times - U.S.A. Publishing Company), in the State of New York.
- The capture of Aguinaldo from America Book 10 - Website: www.america.library4history.com, U.S.A. Library for history.
||San Isidro, Nueva Ecija||Gapan, Nueva Ecija|
|Candaba, Pampanga||Doña Remedios Trinidad|