|Sacco and Vanzetti|
|Directed by||Peter Miller|
|Produced by||Amy Carey Linton
Mary Anne Trasciatti
|Music by||John T. LaBarbera|
|Distributed by||First Run Features|
|Running time||80 minutes|
Sacco and Vanzetti is a 2006 documentary film directed by Peter Miller. Produced by Peter Miller and Editor Amy Linton, the film presents interviews with researchers and historians of the lives of Nicola Sacco and Bartolomeo Vanzetti, and their trial. It also presents forensic evidence that refutes that used by the prosecution during the trial. Prison letters written by the defendants are read by voice actors with Tony Shalhoub as Sacco and John Turturro as Vanzetti. Interviewees include Howard Zinn, Studs Terkel and Arlo Guthrie.
Sacco and Vanzetti won the 2007 John E. O'Connor Film Award, the annual prize for the best historical film awarded by the American Historical Association. It was released nationally in theaters in March 2007 and later on DVD.
See also 
- Sacco e Vanzetti, a 1971 Italian film portrayal of the affair
- The Diary of Sacco and Vanzetti, a 2004 docudrama
- Sacco and Vanzetti at Willow Pond Films official website.
- "Sacco and Vanzetti", an interview with the director on "The Barry Z Show", YouTube, April 27, 2007.
- Sacco and Vanzetti at the Internet Movie Database
- Sacco and Vanzetti at AllRovi
|This anarchism-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a historical documentary film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
A portion of the proceeds from advertising on Digplanet goes to supporting Wikipedia.