|Rural City of Warragul
Location in Victoria
|Area||352.2 km² (136.0 sq mi)|
The Rural City of Warragul was a local government area about 100 kilometres (62 mi) east-southeast of Melbourne, the state capital of Victoria, Australia. The shire covered an area of 352.2 square kilometres (136.0 sq mi), and existed from 1881 until 1994.
Originally part of the Shire of Buln Buln, Warragul was first incorporated as a shire on 9 December 1881. It annexed part of the Western Riding of Shire of Narracan on 30 May 1906. On 17 August 1990 Warragul was proclaimed a Rural City, one of the first in Victoria under the provisions of the Local Government Act 1989.
Warragul was divided into four wards, each of which elected three councillors:
- North Ward
- South Ward
- Central East Ward
- Central West Ward
Towns and localities 
- Bona Vista
- Brandy Creek
- Bull Swamp
- Buln Buln
- Tetoora Road
- Warragul South
* Estimate in the 1958 Victorian Year Book.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics, Victoria Office (1994). Victorian Year Book. pp. 49–52. ISSN 0067-1223.
- Victorian Municipal Directory. Brunswick: Arnall & Jackson. 1992. pp. 514–515. Accessed at State Library of Victoria, La Trobe Reading Room.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (1 August 1995). Victorian local government amalgamations 1994-1995: Changes to the Australian Standard Geographical Classification. Commonwealth of Australia. p. 4. ISBN 0-642-23117-6. Retrieved 2008-01-05.
A portion of the proceeds from advertising on Digplanet goes to supporting Wikipedia.