|Written by||Dr. Mudigonda Siva Prasad
M. B. S. Prasad
Ravi Teja(Cameo )
|Editing by||A. Sreekar Prasad|
|Studio||Guna Team Works|
|Budget||550 million (US$8.8 million)|
Rudhramadevi is an upcoming Indian 3D historic film, simultaneously being produced in Telugu and Tamil languages. The film is directed by Gunasekhar, and stars Anushka Shetty, Rana Daggubati in the lead roles, with Prakash Raj and Krishnam Raju in supporting roles. Anushka will be seen as Rudrama Devi, the 13th century revered queen of the Kakatiya dynasty. The film's soundtrack and background score were composed by Ilaiyaraaja and the art direction is handled by Thotta Tharani. Neeta Lulla is designing the costumes. The film was launched in February 2013 and has passed the pre-production stage.
Rudramadevi is made on a whooping budget of 550 million (US$8.8 million) which marks a highest budget ever spent on a heroine oriented film in telugu
- Anushka Shetty as Rudrama Devi, Queen of the Kakatiya dynasty
- Rana Daggubati as Chalukya Veerabhadra, Prince of Nidavardhya Puram
- Vikramjeet Virk as Mahadeva Nayakadu, King of the Seuna Yadavas of Devagiri
- Prakash Raj as Shiva Devaiah, Minister of court and royal adviser to Rudrama Devi
- Jr NTR as Gona Ganna Reddy .
- Krishnam Raju as Ganpathi Devudu, Ruler of Kakatiya dynasty and Rudrama Devi's father.
- Ajay as Prasadaaditya
- Baba Sehgal as Naga Devudu
- Suman as Harihara Devudu
- Adithya Menon as Murari Devudu
- Jaya Prakash Reddy as Amba Devudu, A Samanta King, who rebelled against the Kakatiya dynasty.
- Aditi Chengappa as Ganapamba
- Catherine Tresa as Annambika
- Hamsa Nandini as Madanika
- Zara Shah as Mummadamma
- Ahuti Prasad as Kota Reddy
- Venu Madhav as Tittibi
- Prabha as Somaamba
- Tanikella Bharani
- Krishna Bhagavaan
- L.B. Sriram
- M. S. Narayana
- Vennela Kishore
- Dharmavarapu Subramanyam
The film was launched on 14 Feb 2013 in Warangal. Anushka and Gunasekhar attended the opening ceremony and the first shot was on the Shiva Lingam in the 1000 pillared temple in Warangal. Rapper Baba Sehgal was roped in by director Gunasekhar for a role. Vikramjeet Virk, who has earlier essayed a negative role in Ashutosh Gowarikar's Khelein Hum Jee Jaan Sey, will be seen playing a negative character called Mahadeva Nayakadu.
- "Mahesh Babu - The Warrior". Facebook. Retrieved 29 October 2013.
- "Gunasekhar's 'Rudrama Devi' to be best period drama so far". Sify. 7 November 2012. Retrieved 24 November 2012.
- "Anushka to do a Tamil-Telugu period film?". Times of India. 6 October 2012. Retrieved 24 November 2012.
- "Anushka as a warrior princess". Deccan Chronicle. 4 October 2012. Retrieved 24 November 2012.
- "German technicians to work for Rudrama Devi". Times of India. Retrieved 29 November 2012.
- "Rudhramadevi to hit the floors". Super Good Movies. Retrieved 22 April 2013.
- "Anushka - Guna Sekhar's Rudramadevi film launch". idlebrain.com. 14 February 2013. Retrieved 15 February 2013.
- Prasad Shiva (3 April 2013). "Baba Sehgal in Anushka's film". Retrieved 22 April 2013.
- Afrin Humayon (4 May 2013). "Vikramjeet Virk lands in T’wood". Retrieved 4 May 2013.
|This article about a film in the Telugu language is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Tamil-language film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|