|Written by||Dr. Mudigonda Siva Prasad
M. B. S. Prasad
|Edited by||A. Sreekar Prasad|
|Guna Team Works|
|Budget||60 crore (US$10 million)|
Rudhramadevi is an upcoming first Indian 3D historic film, simultaneously being produced in Telugu and Tamil languages. The film is directed by Gunasekhar, and stars Anushka Shetty, Rana Daggubati in the lead roles, with Prakash Raj and Krishnam Raju in supporting roles. Anushka will be seen as Rudrama Devi, the 13th century revered Telugu queen of the Kakatiya dynasty. The film's soundtrack and background score were composed by Ilaiyaraaja and the art direction is handled by Thotta Tharani. Neeta Lulla is designing the costumes. The film was launched in February 2013 and has passed the pre-production stage.
- Anushka Shetty as Rudrama Devi, Queen of Kakatiya dynasty
- Allu Arjun as Gona Ganna Reddy
- Rana Daggubati as Chalukya Veerabhadra, Prince of Nidavardhya Puram
- Krishnam Raju as Ganapati Devudu, Ruler of Kakatiya dynasty and Rudrama Devi's father
- Prakash Raj as Shiva Devaiah, Minister of court and royal adviser to Rudrama Devi
- Nithya Menen as Mummadamma
- Aditi Chengappa as Ganapamba
- Catherine Tresa as Annambika
- Hamsa Nandini as Madanika
- Vikramjeet Virk as Mahadeva Nayakadu, King of the Seuna Yadavas of Devagiri
- Ajay as Prasadaaditya
- Baba Sehgal as Naga Devudu
- Suman as Harihara Devudu
- Adithya Menon as Murari Devudu
- Jaya Prakash Reddy as Amba Devudu, A Samanta King, who rebelled against the Kakatiya dynasty.
- Ahuti Prasad as Kota Reddy
- Venu Madhav as Tittibi
- Prabha as Somaamba
- Tanikella Bharani
- Krishna Bhagavaan
- L.B. Sriram
- M. S. Narayana
- Vennela Kishore as Manchana
- Dharmavarapu Subramanyam
The film was launched on 14 Feb 2013 in Warangal. Anushka and Gunasekhar attended the opening ceremony and the first shot was on the Shiva Lingam in the 1000 pillared temple in Warangal. Rapper Baba Sehgal was roped in by director Gunasekhar for a role. Vikramjeet Virk, who has earlier essayed a negative role in Ashutosh Gowarikar's Khelein Hum Jee Jaan Sey, will be seen playing a negative character called Mahadeva Nayakadu. Final schedule of shoot ends on july 2014. The film is expected to hit screens on october 2014.
- "Anushka riding on Rs.185 crores business Entertainment". Timesofap.com. 2013-05-13. Retrieved 2014-05-31.
- "Gunasekhar's 'Rudrama Devi' to be best period drama so far". Sify. 7 November 2012. Retrieved 24 November 2012.
- "Anushka to do a Tamil-Telugu period film?". Times of India. 6 October 2012. Retrieved 24 November 2012.
- "Anushka as a warrior princess". Deccan Chronicle. 4 October 2012. Retrieved 24 November 2012.
- "German technicians to work for Rudrama Devi". Times of India. Retrieved 29 November 2012.
- "Rudhramadevi to hit the floors". Super Good Movies. Retrieved 22 April 2013.
- Hemanth Kumar (30 May 2014). "Nithya Menen is Mummidamma in Rudhramadevi". The Times of India. Retrieved 31 May 2014.
- "Anushka - Guna Sekhar's Rudramadevi film launch". idlebrain.com. 14 February 2013. Retrieved 15 February 2013.
- Prasad Shiva (3 April 2013). "Baba Sehgal in Anushka's film". Retrieved 22 April 2013.
- Afrin Humayon (4 May 2013). "Vikramjeet Virk lands in T’wood". Retrieved 4 May 2013.
|This article related to Cinema of India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|