Corcoran with the Seattle Mariners
|Sugar Land Skeeters – No. 23|
May 11, 1980 |
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
|Bats: Right||Throws: Right|
|July 30, 2003 for the Montreal Expos|
(through 2010 season)
|Earned run average||4.17|
Roy Elliot Corcoran (born May 11, 1980) is an American professional baseball pitcher who is currently with the Sugar Land Skeeters of the Atlantic League of Professional Baseball. He previously played in Major League Baseball from 2003-2009 for the Montreal Expos, Washington Nationals and Seattle Mariners. He bats and throws right-handed.
Montreal Expos/Washington Nationals
Corcoran signed with the Montreal Expos on June 21, 2001, as an amateur free agent. After starting the 2003 season at Single-A, Corcoran advanced through Double-A and made two appearances in Triple-A before making his major league debut on July 30. He spent the next three years in the minors with the Expos and stayed with them after they became the Washington Nationals. Corcoran appeared in a few games in the 2004 and 2006 seasons.
Corcoran was granted free agency after 2006, and signed a minor league contract with the Florida Marlins on January 4, 2007. Corcoran spent all of the 2007 season with the Marlins Triple-A affiliate, the Albuquerque Isotopes, becoming a free agent at the end of the season.
On November 21, 2007, the Seattle Mariners signed Corcoran to a minor league contract and invited him to spring training. Corcoran had a career-best year in 2008. In 50 appearances, he had a 6-3 record, 3.22 ERA, and 39 strikeouts.
He was granted free agency after the 2010 season.
Los Angeles Dodgers
He signed as a free agent with the Los Angeles Dodgers on July 4, 2011. He appeared in 2 games for the AA Chattanooga Lookouts and 19 games for the AAA Albuquerque Isotopes, finishing a combined 1-3 with a 6.81 ERA.
- M's send out Corcoran, add Rowland-Smithgoogle.com/hostednews/ap
- Mariners finally announce minor league trade; Corcoran signs minor-league deal with Houston seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/marinersblog
- Polishuk, Mark. "Minor Moves: Corcoran, Hernandez". MLBTradeRumors.com. Retrieved 5 July 2011.
- Jim Street (2009-03-08). "Corcoran keeps clubhouse light". MLB.com. Retrieved 2009-03-09.
- Career statistics and player information from MLB, or ESPN, or Baseball-Reference, or Fangraphs, or The Baseball Cube, or Baseball-Reference (Minors)
- Bleeding Blue and Teal - Player Profile: Roy Corcoran