|Diocese of São Gabriel da Cachoeira
Cathedral of St. Gabriel
|Area||286,866 km2 (110,760 sq mi)|
|(as of 2004)
|Established||1 May 1925 (88 years ago)|
|Cathedral||Catedral São Gabriel|
|Bishop||Edson Taschetto Damian|
|Emeritus Bishops||Walter Ivan de Azevedo|
The Roman Catholic Diocese of São Gabriel da Cachoeira (Latin: Dioecesis Cachoëirensis) is a diocese located in the city of São Gabriel da Cachoeira in the Ecclesiastical province of Manaus in Brazil.
The Bishop is Mgr Edson Taschetto Damian. He was named on March, 4th, 2009, and has benn blessed on May, 24th, 2009.
- May 1, 1925: Established as Territorial Prelature of Rio Negro
- October 30, 1980: Promoted as Diocese of Rio Negro
- October 21, 1981: Renamed as Diocese of São Gabriel da Cachoeira
- Bishops of São Gabriel da Cachoeira (Roman rite)
- Bishops of Rio Negro (Roman Rite)
- Prelates of Rio Negro (Roman Rite)
|This article on a Roman Catholic diocese in Brazil is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
A portion of the proceeds from advertising on Digplanet goes to supporting Wikipedia.