|This article relies on references to primary sources. (January 2008)|
Perry has been a prolific author of books and articles about A Course in Miracles. His most significant contributions have been a brief "Introduction to A Course in Miracles," written in 1987 that has 200,000 copies in distribution; A Course Glossary written in 1996; and Path of Light: Stepping into Peace with ‘A Course in Miracles’ written 2004.
Perry was born and raised in Southern California. While in his mid-teens he began developing a system, based on introspection, for explaining the workings of the mind and the nature of consciousness. He planned a career in developing and communicating this system, and geared his schooling around that expectation. In 1982, he graduated from Cal State Fullerton with a B.A. in psychology.
Perry has been a student of A Course in Miracles (ACIM) since 1981. He taught at Miracle Distribution Center in California from 1986 to 1989. He has traveled extensively, speaking throughout the U.S. and internationally. In 1993, Perry founded the Circle of Atonement.
At the Circle, Perry has been building a systematic vision of what A Course in Miracles is in theory and practice, following the Course as his personal path, teaching students through writing and speaking, and building an organization that would bring this vision of the Course to the world.
Books and publications
- An Introduction to ‘A Course in Miracles’ (1987)
- The Elder Brother: Jesus in ‘A Course in Miracles’ (1990)
- Seeing the Face of Christ in All Our Brothers (1991)
- Shrouded Vaults of the Mind (1992)
- Guidance: Living the Inspired Life (1992)
- The Workbook as a Spiritual Practice (1996)
- A Course Glossary (1996)
- Relationships as a Spiritual Journey: From Specialness to Holiness (1997)
- Reality and Illusion: An Overview of Course Metaphysics (2002)
- Path of Light: Stepping into Peace with ‘A Course in Miracles’ (2004)
- Return to the Heart of God: the Practical Philosophy of ‘A Course in Miracles’ (2007)
Coauthored with Allen Watson
- Bringing the Course to Life: How to Unlock the Meaning of ‘A Course in Miracles’ for Yourself (1999)
- Let Me Remember You: God in ‘A Course in Miracles’ (1999)
- The Answer is a Miracle (1998)
- The Certainty of Salvation (1996)
- Circle of Atonement: Vision, Mission and History
- 1. D. Patrick Miller (1997)The Complete Story of the Course: The History, the People, and the Controversies Behind A Course in Miracles. Berkeley Fearless Books. ISBN 0-9656809-0-8
- A Course in Miracles, Original Edition. Course in Miracles Society, no copyright
- Biographic page from Return to the Heart of God: the Practical Philosophy of ‘A Course in Miracles’. (2007)
- Circle of Atonement Vision
This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia. A portion of the proceeds from advertising on Digplanet goes to supporting Wikipedia.