Richibucto is a Canadian town in Kent County, New Brunswick.
The town is situated on the Richibucto River where it discharges into the Northumberland Strait.
The town takes its name from a Mi'kmaq term meaning "river of fire".
It is believed the term was mispronounced, or misunderstood from the Mi'kmaq language.
The downtown area, situated on the mouth of the river, has commercial fishing wharves, several restaurants, and local stores. The economy is dominated by lobster and deep sea fishing.
Population trend 
Religious make-up (2001)
|No religious affiliation
|Per capita income
|Median Household Income
|Median Family Income
Mother tongue language (2011)
- St. Louis de Gonzague Roman Catholic Church was completed in 1965. Designed by Belanger and Roy of Moncton, it was inspired by the designs of the Spanish architect, Félix Candela.
- William Chandler (1804–1856), lawyer, judge
- James Hannay (1842–1910), lawyer
- John Livingston (1837–1894), journalist, editor
- Murray MacLaren (1861–1942), doctor, politician
- George McLeod (1836–1905),
- James D. Phinney (November 17, 1844 – ) lawyer, judge, politician
- Henry Powell (1855–1930), politician
- Louis Robichaud (1925–2005), former Premier of New Brunswick
- John P. Tenass (1849–1928), Indian chief
- Peter Veniot (1863–1926), former Premier of New Brunswick
- Charles Wesley Weldon (1830–1896), lawyer, politician
- ^ Richibucto Town Website
- ^ History of Richibucto
- ^ Statistics Canada: 1996, 2001, 2006 census
- ^ Statistics Canada: 2011 census
- ^ John Leroux, Building New Brunswick: An Architectural History, Goose Lane, 2008, p. 216-219
Coordinates: 46°41′N 64°52′W / 46.683°N 64.867°W
Wharf tour in Richibucto NB // Visite d'un quai de pêcheurs à Richibucto, au Nouveau-Brunswick
Dominic LeBlanc & Michael Ignatieff discuss the importance and challenges of the lobster and fishing industry in New Brunswick during a tour of a fishing wha...
Fly-over Aldouane & Richibucto, NB
Fly-over of Pointe-des-Georges, Aldouane and Richibucto, NB (Canada) on Jan. 26/13. Camera: GoPro Hero3. Aircraft: Diamond Eclipse DA20-C1 (C-GAHQ) at 4500'.
SUBWAY -Cartier Mall, Richibucto, NB, Needs help .... Subway Needs Help
Not sure of the story, what happen yesterday was someones elses story. Today was a flash mob which sparked Subway to closed ther doors today. My story was on...
SUBWAY ,Cartier Mall, Richibucto, NB, Needs help .... Racial Slurs, fighting, Discrimination,
Same story as before, like any other country or city this will not go away that easy. There was a flash mob planed and people came to support the cause of th...
Richibucto River Wine Estate - Part 2
Note: Select highest quality HD 720p to settings (gear symbol, bottom screen) Richibucto River Wine Estate is the home of award-winning New Brunswick wines m...
Sistema Richibucto 2013
In this video we can see different activities of Sistema Program in Richibucto, such as, papier maché instruments, instruments Ceremony, Educational Concerts...
Hudson Oddities in Richibucto - New Brunswick, Canada
Hudson Oddities is a popular jewelry store in Richibucto, New Brunswick. Using only authentic ocean-worn sea glass for their products, join the artists as th...
Richibucto River Wine Estate - Part 1
Note: Select highest quality HD 720p to settings (gear symbol, bottom screen) A visit to Richibucto River Wine Estate provides the visual impact of 20 acres ...
IDLE NO MORE (EI REFORM PROTEST IN RICHIBUCTO NB) FEB 20 2013
IDLE NO MORE (EI REFORM PROTEST IN RICHIBUCTO NB) FEB 20 2013.
testing at Richibucto Wharf
Here I am trying to find a way of loading a Lobster boat without using an electric crane.This tool is my way of saving electric energy and fighting global ...
We're sorry, but there's no news about "Richibucto" right now.
Oops, we seem to be having trouble contacting Twitter
You can talk about Richibucto with people all over the world in our discussions.