Richibucto is a town in Kent County, New Brunswick, Canada.
The town is situated on the Richibucto River where it discharges into the Northumberland Strait.
Richibucto had been the location of an annual Mi'kmaq summer coastal community prior to European settlement. The town takes its name from a Mi'kmaq term meaning "river of fire". It is believed the term was mispronounced, or misunderstood from the Mi'kmaq language.
The downtown area, situated on the mouth of the river, has commercial fishing wharves, several restaurants, and local stores. The economy is dominated by lobster and deep sea fishing.
Population trend 
Religious make-up (2001)
|No religious affiliation
|Per capita income
|Median Household Income
|Median Family Income
Mother tongue language (2011)
- St. Louis de Gonzague Roman Catholic Church was completed in 1965. Designed by Belanger and Roy of Moncton, it was inspired by the designs of the Spanish architect, Félix Candela.
- William Chandler (1804–1856), lawyer, judge
- James Hannay (1842–1910), lawyer
- John Livingston (1837–1894), journalist, editor
- Murray MacLaren (1861–1942), doctor, politician
- George McLeod (1836–1905),
- James D. Phinney (November 17, 1844 – ) lawyer, judge, politician
- Henry Powell (1855–1930), politician
- Louis Robichaud (1925–2005), former Premier of New Brunswick
- John P. Tenass (1849–1928), Indian chief
- Peter Veniot (1863–1926), former Premier of New Brunswick
- Charles Wesley Weldon (1830–1896), lawyer, politician
- ^ Richibucto Town Website
- ^ "Micmac Locations". Micmac Tribe. Access Genealogy. Retrieved 27 May 2014.
- ^ History of Richibucto
- ^ Statistics Canada: 1996, 2001, 2006 census
- ^ Statistics Canada: 2011 census
- ^ John Leroux, Building New Brunswick: An Architectural History, Goose Lane, 2008, p. 216-219
Coordinates: 46°41′N 64°52′W / 46.683°N 64.867°W
Sun, 12 Oct 2014 09:18:05 -0700
A single-vehicle crash on Route 10 in Richibucto Road has claimed the life of a 22-year-old woman from Noonan, New Brunswick. The crash occurred at about 12:30 a.m. Sunday when a vehicle lost control and crashed into the ditch to avoid colliding with a ...
Fri, 14 Nov 2014 06:37:30 -0800
MIRAMICHI, N.B. -- Police in New Brunswick are investigating a car crash that has claimed the life of a 22-year-old man. The RCMP in Richibucto say Collin Polchies of Elsipogtog was killed in the accident Thursday that involved four vehicles and ...
Fri, 07 Nov 2014 05:48:45 -0800
By comparison the unemployment rate in Fredericton-Oromocto and Saint John-St. Stephen is 7.1 per cent, it is 7.2 in Moncton-Richibucto and 8.4 per cent in Woodstock-Edmundston. The Canadian economy, meanwhile, added 43,000 jobs in October, ...
Tue, 18 Nov 2014 09:37:30 -0800
Richibucto RCMP are investigating a fatal motor vehicle crash that occurred on the McKnight Road in Napan, N.B. at around 9 a.m. on November 18, 2014. The victim, a 57-year-old woman from Miramichi, N.B., passed away at the scene as a result of her ...
Marketwired (press release)
Mon, 28 Jul 2014 11:22:30 -0700
RICHIBUCTO, NEW BRUNSWICK--(Marketwired - July 28, 2014) - Three new affordable housing units for low-income seniors, non-elderly singles and persons with disabilities were officially opened in Richibucto. "I am proud of the role our government ...
Mon, 20 Oct 2014 09:53:57 -0700
If you see something that catches your eye, be it on the ground or in the sky, snap it and send it along so we can share with it others! If your photo is chosen to go to air, Cindy will let you know, so don't forget to include your email address! Email ...
The Weather Network
Sun, 19 Oct 2014 02:22:30 -0700
It was one of Ontario's deadliest-ever natural disasters. Its pounding rains sparked massive floods that killed more than 80 people and left thousands more homeless. In today's terms, the damage would have amounted to the equivalent of more than a ...
McClatchy Washington Bureau
Tue, 11 Mar 2014 15:52:30 -0700
Mayor Vicki May Hamm of Magog, Canada, Mayor Colette Roy-Laroche of Lac-Megantic, Canada, Mayor Roger Doiron of Richibucto (New Brunswick, Canada) discuss railway safety during a briefing on March 11, 2014 at the Rayburn House Office Building ...
Oops, we seem to be having trouble contacting Twitter
Digplanet also receives support from Searchlight Group.