Richibucto is a town in Kent County, New Brunswick, Canada.
The town is situated on the Richibucto River where it discharges into the Northumberland Strait.
Richibucto had been the location of an annual Mi'kmaq summer coastal community prior to European settlement. The town takes its name from a Mi'kmaq term meaning "river of fire". It is believed the term was mispronounced, or misunderstood from the Mi'kmaq language.
The downtown area, situated on the mouth of the river, has commercial fishing wharves, several restaurants, and local stores. The economy is dominated by lobster and deep sea fishing.
Population trend 
Religious make-up (2001)
|No religious affiliation
|Per capita income
|Median Household Income
|Median Family Income
Mother tongue language (2011)
- St. Louis de Gonzague Roman Catholic Church was completed in 1965. Designed by Belanger and Roy of Moncton, it was inspired by the designs of the Spanish architect, Félix Candela.
- William Chandler (1804–1856), lawyer, judge
- James Hannay (1842–1910), lawyer
- John Livingston (1837–1894), journalist, editor
- Murray MacLaren (1861–1942), doctor, politician
- George McLeod (1836–1905),
- James D. Phinney (November 17, 1844 – ) lawyer, judge, politician
- Henry Powell (1855–1930), politician
- Louis Robichaud (1925–2005), former Premier of New Brunswick
- John P. Tenass (1849–1928), Indian chief
- Peter Veniot (1863–1926), former Premier of New Brunswick
- Charles Wesley Weldon (1830–1896), lawyer, politician
- ^ Richibucto Town Website
- ^ "Micmac Locations". Micmac Tribe. Access Genealogy. Retrieved 27 May 2014.
- ^ History of Richibucto
- ^ Statistics Canada: 1996, 2001, 2006 census
- ^ Statistics Canada: 2011 census
- ^ John Leroux, Building New Brunswick: An Architectural History, Goose Lane, 2008, p. 216-219
Coordinates: 46°41′N 64°52′W / 46.683°N 64.867°W
Jeux de l'acadie 2013 Saint-Louis-de-Kent Richibucto
Petit vidéo décrivant la région hôtesse de la 34e finale des Jeux de l'Acadie.
SUBWAY ,Cartier Mall, Richibucto, NB, Needs help .... Racial Slurs, fighting, Discrimination,
Same story as before, like any other country or city this will not go away that easy. There was a flash mob planed and people came to support the cause of th...
Fly-over Aldouane & Richibucto, NB
Fly-over of Pointe-des-Georges, Aldouane and Richibucto, NB (Canada) on Jan. 26/13. Camera: GoPro Hero3. Aircraft: Diamond Eclipse DA20-C1 (C-GAHQ) at 4500'.
Hudson Oddities in Richibucto - New Brunswick, Canada
Hudson Oddities is a popular jewelry store in Richibucto, New Brunswick. Using only authentic ocean-worn sea glass for their products, join the artists as th...
Richibucto River Wine Estate - Part 2
Note: Select highest quality HD 720p to settings (gear symbol, bottom screen) Richibucto River Wine Estate is the home of award-winning New Brunswick wines m...
Richibucto nb, main street, us watching em plow/fix the power lines
TWO FINGERS SONG - Sistema New Brunswick - Sistema Richibucto
Richibucto River Wine Estate - Part 1
Note: Select highest quality HD 720p to settings (gear symbol, bottom screen) A visit to Richibucto River Wine Estate provides the visual impact of 20 acres ...
Fireworks - RICHIBUCTO SCALLOP FESTIVAL 2014
This marks the end of the SCALLOP FESTIVAL of another year for the Town of Richibucto .. It was a fun year, they had more activities for the kids this time. ...
千 Amel Filmbay IV Richibucto 可能 oblico (1)
ะไร ชนิดของอะไร เมื่อ ที่ มาจากที่ไหน ซึ่ง ใคร ผู้ซึ่ง ของใคร ทำไม กับใครบ้าง 누가 누구 누구 누구 랑요. 때 몇시에 무슨 대가를 치르더라도 무슨 추세 뭐 뭘 하는거야 방법 비용 봐 어느 어디 어디서부터 어디에서 film...
Fri, 19 Sep 2014 14:47:05 -0700
The following year, he moved to Richibucto, east of Moncton and near Northumberland Strait, and opened another Mekong Restaurant. “We lived next door, and every morning the school bus could pick the kids up outside the restaurant,” Huynh recalls.
Fri, 05 Sep 2014 07:06:36 -0700
Police say they are from the Bouctouche and Pigeon Hill areas. “There's one patient that was hospitalized, but it's not life-threatening,” says Sgt. Marco Papillon of the Richibucto RCMP. An RCMP reconstructionist travelled to the scene to investigate ...
Oops, we seem to be having trouble contacting Twitter