Richibucto is a town in Kent County, New Brunswick, Canada.
The town is situated on the Richibucto River where it discharges into the Northumberland Strait.
Richibucto had been the location of an annual Mi'kmaq summer coastal community prior to European settlement. The town takes its name from a Mi'kmaq term meaning "river of fire". It is believed the term was mispronounced, or misunderstood from the Mi'kmaq language.
The downtown area, situated on the mouth of the river, has commercial fishing wharves, several restaurants, and local stores. The economy is dominated by lobster and deep sea fishing.
Population trend 
Religious make-up (2001)
|No religious affiliation
|Per capita income
|Median Household Income
|Median Family Income
Mother tongue language (2011)
- St. Louis de Gonzague Roman Catholic Church was completed in 1965. Designed by Belanger and Roy of Moncton, it was inspired by the designs of the Spanish architect, Félix Candela.
- William Chandler (1804–1856), lawyer, judge
- James Hannay (1842–1910), lawyer
- John Livingston (1837–1894), journalist, editor
- Murray MacLaren (1861–1942), doctor, politician
- George McLeod (1836–1905),
- James D. Phinney (November 17, 1844 – ) lawyer, judge, politician
- Henry Powell (1855–1930), politician
- Louis Robichaud (1925–2005), former Premier of New Brunswick
- John P. Tenass (1849–1928), Indian chief
- Peter Veniot (1863–1926), former Premier of New Brunswick
- Charles Wesley Weldon (1830–1896), lawyer, politician
- ^ Richibucto Town Website
- ^ "Micmac Locations". Micmac Tribe. Access Genealogy. Retrieved 27 May 2014.
- ^ History of Richibucto
- ^ Statistics Canada: 1996, 2001, 2006 census
- ^ Statistics Canada: 2011 census
- ^ John Leroux, Building New Brunswick: An Architectural History, Goose Lane, 2008, p. 216-219
Coordinates: 46°41′N 64°52′W / 46.683°N 64.867°W
Jeux de l'acadie 2013 Saint-Louis-de-Kent Richibucto
Petit vidéo décrivant la région hôtesse de la 34e finale des Jeux de l'Acadie.
SUBWAY ,Cartier Mall, Richibucto, NB, Needs help .... Racial Slurs, fighting, Discrimination,
Same story as before, like any other country or city this will not go away that easy. There was a flash mob planed and people came to support the cause of th...
Fly-over Aldouane & Richibucto, NB
Fly-over of Pointe-des-Georges, Aldouane and Richibucto, NB (Canada) on Jan. 26/13. Camera: GoPro Hero3. Aircraft: Diamond Eclipse DA20-C1 (C-GAHQ) at 4500'.
Richibucto River Wine Estate - Part 2
Note: Select highest quality HD 720p to settings (gear symbol, bottom screen) Richibucto River Wine Estate is the home of award-winning New Brunswick wines m...
Hudson Oddities in Richibucto - New Brunswick, Canada
Hudson Oddities is a popular jewelry store in Richibucto, New Brunswick. Using only authentic ocean-worn sea glass for their products, join the artists as th...
Richibucto nb, main street, us watching em plow/fix the power lines
Driving on the ice wit NDN JOE & IPP24 , Elsipogtog, Richibucto river
Another Crazy Vid for you all. Thanks For Watching.
New Brunswick Sistema Richibucto - 1st concert - Etude 1
Concert de décembre 2012, après avoir pratiqué 4 semaines pour la première fois avec leurs instruments en bois. Premier orchestre à cordes d'enfants du comté...
Fireworks - RICHIBUCTO SCALLOP FESTIVAL 2014
This marks the end of the SCALLOP FESTIVAL of another year for the Town of Richibucto .. It was a fun year, they had more activities for the kids this time. ...
Richibucto River Wine Estate - Part 1
Note: Select highest quality HD 720p to settings (gear symbol, bottom screen) A visit to Richibucto River Wine Estate provides the visual impact of 20 acres ...
The Guardian Charlottetown
Mon, 11 Aug 2014 07:36:33 -0700
The captain of a vessel which arrived in Richibucto, New Brunswick, the other day, reports that just outside the harbor he counted over 400 American schooners busily engaged in their remunerative and money-making employment. (Hfx. Chron.) J.H.: The ...
Le Huffington Post Quebec
Tue, 19 Aug 2014 13:48:45 -0700
Mayor Vicki May Hamm of Magog, Canada, Mayor Colette Roy-Laroche of Lac-Megantic, Canada, Mayor Roger Doiron of Richibucto (New Brunswick, Canada) discuss railway safety during a briefing on March 11, 2014 at the Rayburn House Office Building ...
Oops, we seem to be having trouble contacting Twitter
You can talk about Richibucto with people all over the world in our discussions.