||This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2012)|
|Traded as||BSE: 500325, NSE: RELIANCE, LSE: RIGD
BSE SENSEX Constituent
|Predecessor(s)||Reliance Commercial Corporation|
|Headquarters||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Key people||Mukesh Ambani
(Chairman and MD)
|Products||Crude oil, natural gas, petrochemicals, petroleum, polyester, textiles, retail, telecom|
|Revenue||US$ 66.68 billion (2012)|
|Operating income||US$ 3.84 billion (2012)|
|Net income||US$ 3.66 billion (2012)|
|Total assets||US$ 60.85 billion (2012)|
|Total equity||US$ 31.66 billion (2012)|
Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) is an Indian conglomerate company headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. The company operates in three segments: petrochemicals, refining and oil & gas. Its other segments include textile, retail business, special economic zone (SEZ) development and telecom / broadband business.
RIL is one of the largest publicly traded companies in India by market capitalisation and is the second largest company in India by revenue after Indian Oil Corporation. It is also India's second largest private sector company by revenue and profit. The company is ranked 99th on Fortune Global 500 list of the world's biggest corporations for the year 2012.
The company's petrochemicals,refining, and oil and gas-related operations form the incore of its business, other dividors of the company include cloth, retail business and spec
RIL is to invest $1 billion over the next few years in its new aerospace division which will design, develop, manufacture, equipment and components, including airframe, engine, radars, avionics and accessories for military and civilian aircraft, helicopters, unmanned airborne vehicles and aerostolutions Ltd.
Businesses divisions 
Major subsidiaries and associates 
- Reliance Life Sciences centres its profit-making ventures around medical, plant and industrial biotechnology opportunities. Specifically, this company specializes in manufacturing, branding, and marketing Reliance Industries' products in bio-pharmaceuticals, pharmaceuticals, clinical research services, regenerative medicine, molecular medicine, novel therapeutics, biofuels, plant biotechnology, and industrial biotechnology sectors of the medical business industry.
- Reliance Institute of Life Sciences (Rils), established by Dhirubhai Ambani Foundation, is an institution offering higher education in various fields of life sciences and related technologies.
- Reliance Logistics (P) Limited is a single-window company selling transportation, distribution, warehousing, logistics, and supply chain-related products, supported by in-house state of the art telematics and telemetry solutions.
- Reliance Clinical Research Services (RCRS), a contract research organisation (CRO) and wholly owned subsidiary of Reliance Life Sciences, specialises in the clinical research services industry. Its clients ar primarily pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device companies.
- Reliance Solar, the solar energy subsidiary of Reliance, aims to produce and retail solar energy systems primarily to remote and rural areas and to bring about a 'transformation in the quality of life'.
- Relicord is a stem-cell banking service owned by Reliance Industries.
- Infotel Broadband is a broadband service provider which gained 4G licences for operating across India, now it is wholly owned by RIL for 48 billion (US$880 million).
Reliance Industrial Infrastructure Limited 
Reliance Industrial Infrastructure Limited (RIIL) was incorporated in September 1988 as Chembur Patalganga Pipelines Limited, with the main objective being to build and operate cross-country pipelines for transporting petroleum products. The company's name was subsequently changed to CPPL Limited in September 1992, and thereafter to its present name, Reliance Industrial Infrastructure Limited, in March 1994. It has been promoted by Mr. Satyapal Jain and his associates.
The company set up a 200-millimetre diameter twin pipeline system that connects the Bharat Petroleum refinery at Mahul, Maharashtra, to Reliance's petrochemical complex at Patalaganga, Maharashtra. The pipeline carries petroleum products including naphtha and kerosene. It has commissioned facilities like the supervisory control and data acquisition system and the cathodic protection system, a jackwell at River Tapi, and a raw water pipeline system at Hazira. The infrastructure company constructed a 70,000 kl petrochemical product storage and distribution terminal at the Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust (JNPT) Area in Maharashtra.ambani RIIL is mainly engaged in the business of setting up and operating industrial infrastructure. The company is also engaged in related activities involving leasing and providing services connected with computer software and data processing.
Reliance Retail 
See Reliance Retail
Reliance Retail is the retail business wing of the Reliance business. Many brands like Reliance Fresh, Reliance Footprint, Reliance Time Out, Reliance Digital, Reliance Wellness, Reliance Trendz, Reliance Autozone, Reliance Super, Reliance Mart, Reliance iStore, Reliance Home Kitchens, Reliance Market (Cash n Carry) and Reliance Jewel come under the Reliance Retail brand.
Environmental record 
Reliance Industry is the world's largest polyester producer and as a result one of the largest producers of polyester waste in the world. In order to deal with so much waste, they operate the largest polyester recycling centre that uses the polyester waste as a filling and stuffing. Their idea resulting in an award in 'Team Excellence'.
Awards and recognition 
- International Refiner of the Year in 2005 at the 23rd Annual Hart's World Refining and Fuels Conference
- According to survey conducted by Brand Finance and The Economic Times in 2010, Reliance is the second most valuable brand in India.
- The Brand Trust Report, 2011 has ranked Reliance industries as the 6th most trusted brand in India.
- 'Responsible Care Company' awarded by the American Chemistry Council, India in March, 2012
- RIL has been ranked at 20th position across the world, on the basis of sales, in the ICIS Top 100 Chemicals Companies list.
- RIL has been ranked No. 1 in India on the basis of average market capitalization, No. 1 in total assets and No. 2 on the basis of total income in 2012, by Business World magazine. In the same report, RIL ranked 2nd among the top 100 gainers in India.
- "Reliance Industries Limited Financial Statements". Reliance Industries.
- "RIL one of the most valuable company in India". CNBC-TV18. 14 October 2011.
- "Fortune Global 500". CNN Money. Retrieved 9 July 2012Fortune 2012 latest rankings.
- "RIL lines up close to $1 billion plan in aerospace sector, may hire around 1,500 people". The Times Of India. 28 July 2012.
- "About us, Reliance Life Sciences". Retrieved 3 March 2010.
- "Welcome to Reliance Institute of Life Sciences". Retrieved 5 November 2011.
- "About us, Reliance Logistics". Retrieved 3 March 2010.
- "Reliance Clinical Research Services — About". Retrieved 5 November 2011.
- "About us, Reliance Solar". Retrieved 3 March 2010.
- "About us, Relicord". Retrieved 3 March 2010.
- "Reliance Industries buys 95% stake in Infotel Broadband for Rs 4,800 cr". The Times Of India. 12 June 2010. Retrieved 11 June 2010.
- "RIL Subsidiaries & Associates".
- Shah, Manan. "Company History". money control.
- "Reliance Industries award". Findarticles.com. 2006. Retrieved 20 August 2010.[dead link]
- "India's top 10 brands". business.rediff.com. Retrieved 26 October 2010.
- ": Videos". Moneycontrol.com. Retrieved 29 April 2012.
- "RIL gets certified as ‘Responsible Care Company’". 04/03/2012. Retrieved 9 April 2012.
- "RIL among world's largest chemical firms". The Hindu. 29 November 2010. Retrieved 9 April 2012.
- "India’s 50 Biggest Non- Financial Companies". Business World. 29/10/2012.